• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Alaskan Baltic Porter

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
I seem to have stepped away from some of the finer things in life recently due to some crazy parts of my life, and decided I need to get back into some deliciousness!

Whilst walking through the liquor store today, looking for some new beers, I picked up some Pumpkin Ale, by Unita, I believe, ad a bottle of Alaskan's Baltic Porter.

I havent tried the porter yet, but I'm wondering if anyone else has? I'm planning on having it a little later tonight with a nice smoke. What should I pair it with? I havent smoked in about a month, so i'll smoke anyhting I've got. I have a good range of styles, from light to strong, natural to maduro, just dunno what direction to go.

The Punk'n seems like it'd be great with something that has a bit of a spice taste like an opus or perhaps a Casa Fuente, but I only have the former.

Holy Canoli!

This beer was unlike anything I've ever tasted before. I guess this will be a little mini-review.

The bottle states that it's a porter ale made with cherries, brown sugar, vanilla bean, and oak chips.

Now I've had several delicious vanilla porters (one of my favorite would be the one from Sun Up Brewing Co, in Phoenix, AZ) but this was a horse of a different color.

The initial taste on the palate lead me to believe that it would be a little harsh, it was a bit of a strong flavor, but then immediately it mellowed out and was incredibly smooth. There was a deep cherry flavor, almost like a cherry cordial, but it was incredibly creamy and smooth, and had a chocolate flavor on top of the vanilla creaminess.

The only thing that came to mind when drinking this was that it was almost like Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia porter. It wasnt sickeningly sweet or anything, but the deep subtle flavors under the porter taste were incredible.

If you're in the mood for a different type of porter, pick up a bottle of Alaskan Baltic Porter Ale, I really don't think you'll be disappointed, as I never have been with any of the Alaskan products.

Sounds interesting. I've been on the look-out for their smoked porter. If I find the Baltic version I'll have to give it a go!