• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Alaskan Smoked Porter

If it is anything like the smoked beers I had in Bamberg last month, my first smoked beers, it's not my thing. Some say it is an acquired taste.

Here is the Wikipedia link

If it is anything like the smoked beers I had in Bamberg last month, my first smoked beers, it's not my thing. Some say it is an acquired taste.

Tom,
I have not had the Alaskan Smoked Porter but I have tried other US breweries Smoked Porter.
The one I have tried are not smokey at all compared to the German versions.
Just a touch of smokiness which is generally very nice.

The German stuff is like drinking liquid smoke.
It can be overwhelming but it does taste good in small quantities.

-Rob

Tom,
I have not had the Alaskan Smoked Porter but I have tried other US breweries Smoked Porter.
The one I have tried are not smokey at all compared to the German versions.
Just a touch of smokiness which is generally very nice.

The German stuff is like drinking liquid smoke.
It can be overwhelming but it does taste good in small quantities.

-Rob

I know exactly what you mean Rob, although I have had a few American brews that were like that. At the GABF I had the Smoked Goosinator Doppelbock from Left Hand and it made me gag it was so powerfully smoky. That is just not a trait I enjoy at all in a beer.

Now, I have yet to try the Alaskan Smoked Porter but it is on the list of beers I am offering at a dark beer tasting in a couple of weeks, so I will report back.