• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Alec Bradley Prensado

Nickerson

Banned
So we know that Cigar Aficionado gave the Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill their "cigar of the year". Was wondering who has actually tried the Prensado. Seems like its a love it or hate it cigar from the recent chat generated by its #1 ranking. Alan Rubin and George Sosa of Alec Bradley Cigars are good guys though, I do enjoy their cigars. Yet to try the AB Prensado though. Recently ordered a box of the Robusto size, should be here in 1-2 weeks since they were back-ordered.

So what are your thoughts on the cigar?

I smoked one last Friday and it was pretty good. The draw was a bit tight and I did have some trouble keeping it lit, but it was fresh from the B&M. I spoke with a friend at the shop, he said they just arrived, but he has had those same issues with others before. FWIW, I will probably buy a few and let them set for a while.

Ken

I tied it about a week ago. Paid $17 for it at my local B&M. Did not like it at all. Would rather smoke a Black Market. The draw was tight, burn was uneven and could not keep it lit after the half way point. :angry:

I tied it about a week ago. Paid $17 for it at my local B&M. Did not like it at all. Would rather smoke a Black Market. The draw was tight, burn was uneven and could not keep it lit after the half way point. :angry:

I don't know where your from, but you've either got a hell of a lot of taxes on your smokes or you go screwed. These things are like $7-$10 smokes.

I want to try it just because people always make a big deal out of the CA's #1 each year, and yeah, $17 dollars for this cigar is a ripoff.

I don't know where your from, but you've either got a hell of a lot of taxes on your smokes or you go screwed. These things are like $7-$10 smokes.

California ! :angry: :angry: They would tax farts if they could !

I think they got you right where they want you...buying a box of those cigars. All just an advertising ploy to the highest bidder.

I saw a post on slick deals on these 5 for 25 at CI and decided to give em a try. 10 for $50 shipped seemed all right. I am havign issues with keeping Rocky Patel 1990's and Graycliff Blue Label Professionals lit. Was told that it was a over humidification issue by the seller. Too wet on the outside. Is this correct? And would that be the problem with the Prensado?

I think this thread is done since this dude was banned. Try to post your question on a separate thread if you're still interested.