• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Star Contest

No fair! This is harder than choosing Kobe/Pierce/KG! Hmm....

Kevin Youkilis

7 Runs

Thanks for the contest, sir!

2008 Home Run Contest Champion, "Jason" Morneau. One would think with only two players in the final round, somebody would have told the State Farm guys what the correct names were. :sign:

Thanks for the contest, Justin Morneau & 9 runs.

Though he has been picked a few times, I can't pick against my Braves: Chipper Jones, 6 runs

if the national league ends up winning this game they have to give it to Tejada man he was on fire like telling the american league like this is what happens when you let me go

!5 innings and a 4 to 3 win for the Amerivan League. J.D. Drew was the MVP and no one picked him. Thanks for the contest....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

My guy Michael Young has the hit that should have won the game in the 11th, and then has the game winning hit in the 15th, and didn't get the MVP award? Fuggin fat, greasy, communist sportswriters. :laugh:

Well since I don't like a contest that ends without a winner, I have decided to name a co-MVP.

Drum roll please.

BBBBRRRRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRRRR

Justin Morneau 2-4, 2B & 2 runs scored. Plus the game winning run.

Which makes the winner........ Gregor22. Congrats.

Thanks to all that participated.

Congrats!

Did anyone else find it hard to stay up and watch all 15 innings? I didn't make it. lol

Well since I don't like a contest that ends without a winner, I have decided to name a co-MVP.

Drum roll please.

Don't you mean Jason Morneau and Craig22?

I fell asleep on the couch. Early on, every time I heard excited announcer voices I'd wake up and rewind it a minute or two just to watch whatever was going to happen, but I just plain missed the end.

While we're sort of on the topic, can someone remind me what it was that Joe Buck did to/said about/etc. the Cardinals, St. Louis, fans, Anheuser-Busch, whatever it was that made people so upset with him? I hate his voice and style of announcing, but I feel like there's something else that ticked off a whole group of people.

Thanks, and thanks for the contest!

Drum roll please.

Very cool! If it weren't for the East Coast media bias( http://ww3.startribune.com/blogs/christens...again/#comments ) Morneau would have been named the MVP. Thanks for the contest, I actually cared about the game and how it would end.

I watched the whole thing. 3 cigars and a bowl of ice cream later it was finally over.

I'm glad the Angels players did okay, even though Santana gave up that hr to Holliday. They didn't have to throw alot of pitches which is good for the Angels in the second half.

My pick Carlos Quentin went o-4 and left the winning runs in scoring position 3 times!!! I pick the player with the most game winning hits in the AL and he strands them all.

Uggla sure had a bad game... :(

Typical All-star game. They never get good until approx the 5th inning, when the first round of superstars get taken out and replaced with guys off the bench.

Francona really dropped the ball as a manager. Running out of position players in the 7th, uses all his starters up front for 1 inning, saves all the closers for the end and runs outta pitchers.

The dumb-ass award goes to that "reporter" broad Jennie Zalasko. After all the NY press heat with Papelbon, him giving up the go ahead run, all the boos from the fans during the game for red sox players, ..... Jd Drew gets mvp. Time McCarver (another idiot most of the time) says something like..."maybe this will smooth out the recent friction in a rivalry that doesn't need anymore attention or to get any worse".......... So whats Zalasko do? During the mvp ceremony, she mentions like 3 times about JD Drew in a red sox uniform, winning mvp in the yankee stadium. It was like she was purpusely pouring gas on a fire. Dumb broad.

Francona really dropped the ball as a manager. Running out of position players in the 7th, uses all his starters up front for 1 inning, saves all the closers for the end and runs outta pitchers.

The dumb-ass award goes to that "reporter" broad Jennie Zalasko. After all the NY press heat with Papelbon, him giving up the go ahead run, all the boos from the fans during the game for red sox players, ..... Jd Drew gets mvp. Time McCarver (another idiot most of the time) says something like..."maybe this will smooth out the recent friction in a rivalry that doesn't need anymore attention or to get any worse".......... So whats Zalasko do? During the mvp ceremony, she mentions like 3 times about JD Drew in a red sox uniform, winning mvp in the yankee stadium. It was like she was purpusely pouring gas on a fire. Dumb broad.

My thoughts exactly on Francona. A.L. players saved his a$$ by winning when they did. Otherwise, he would have burned up Kasmir, which really would not have been cool for the Rays.

Most of the talking heads don't have a clue when they interview these guys, especially after a game. Other than the Red Sox and Yankee fans, do they think anybody really gives a rip about the rivalry?

My thoughts exactly on Francona. A.L. players saved his a$$ by winning when they did. Otherwise, he would have burned up Kasmir, which really would not have been cool for the Rays.

Speak for yourself :whistling: :whistling:

I would have loved to see Kazmir go 3+ innings :D :D

I went to bed around 1am... couldn't make it all the way.

I don't like the fact that the game means home field advantage. Makes the managers do stupid shit to win.

Yeah in hind sight I definately shouldn't have pick the starting AL pitcher Cliff Lee, even though he struck out 3 of the 7 batters faced (2 according to Joe Buck) and only gave up a single to Chipper Jones who was flirting with a .400 average early in the season. He look masterful in his control and given he was facing top three hitters in the game (based on current season average) should have been allowed to pitch more than two innings. I know that the all-star game is just a "production", but how bout we let these guys play like a real game. As an Indians fan (no sympathy needed, we still have the Browns) Cliff Lee is the one and only thing that the Tribe has going for it. He should be a a Cy Young canidate, but will get panned because of Clevelands sub par performance this year.

Just my .02$

Brandon