• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Star Game

brownnation

If they are going to have the all star game "mean something", then they need to make it a competitive game. Either go back to having it be an exhibition game or get serious about competition.

Don't make stupid rules about every team needs a representative, etc. Put the best players out there so the game isn't being decided by guys who are batting .260 in the 15th inning.

And manage the game like you would manage any other game by throwing guys a couple more innings, leaving the starters in a little bit longer.

I'm fine with them doing it the way they do it, but then don't have it both ways and make it count for home field in the playoffs. I'm going to be pissed off if my team (The Cubs) happen to get to the world series with the best record in baseball and they only have 3 games at Wrigley instead of 4 b/c Dan "fuggin' Uggla makes 10 errors and hits into a double play. As should any other fan of a team be pissed if their team loses homefield over something so totally arbitrary as an All Star game.

And no, I'm not just saying this b/c my beloved Cubbies are hopefully going to battle for the best record in baseball in the second half. I'm saying this b/c the rules are stupid and arbitrary and I've said it since MLB did a total CYA move after the embarassing tie a few years ago.

Phew, I feel better now :D

Brown

They should treat it as an exhibition and leave home field to the rotating basis that it used to be.

This game is supposed to be for the fans, it should be treated simply as entertainment. They should really try to do some things to bring more fun into it. I'm sure they could come up with something to make it a little more interesting and fun. Baseball could use a little more fun as it is.

I agree.. and from an entertainment point, last nights game was boring.

Boring is an understatement...i think i barely saw the first run score and I fell asleep! lol

I'm going to be pissed off if my team (The Cubs) happen to get to the world series with the best record in baseball and they only have 3 games at Wrigley instead of 4 b/c Dan "fuggin' Uggla makes 10 errors and hits into a double play.

As a Cardinals fan I feel it's my duty to inform you, as if it wasn't common knowledge, this isn't something you need to worry about.

I'm going to be pissed off if my team (The Cubs) happen to get to the world series with the best record in baseball and they only have 3 games at Wrigley instead of 4 b/c Dan "fuggin' Uggla makes 10 errors and hits into a double play.

As a Cardinals fan I feel it's my duty to inform you, as if it wasn't common knowledge, this isn't something you need to worry about.

Watch it....

Well...... let me see. How did I know that this part would be picked out instead of addressing my broader point that winning the All Star game should in no way be arbitrarily linked to home field advantage in the World Series. ??? :D If the Cubs were 30 games under .500 right now I would (and have often in the past) made the exact point.

But... if you are willing to put your cigars where your mouth are (not sure where else you would put them, but you never know with Cardinals fans :sign: ) I would be willing to wager a fiver of ceegars that the Cubs finish ahead of the Cardinals this year.

Go cubbies! Anyone can have a bad century!!

Brown

But... if you are willing to put your cigars where your mouth are (not sure where else you would put them, but you never know with Cardinals fans :sign: ) I would be willing to wager a fiver of ceegars that the Cubs finish ahead of the Cardinals this year.

Brown

Hehe, naw, I've already got a bet with sack on that, and I do fear I will lose that one.

However, I'd be happy to bet that they won't win the world series.

Well...... let me see. How did I know that this part would be picked out instead of addressing my broader point that winning the All Star game should in no way be arbitrarily linked to home field advantage in the World Series. ??? :D If the Cubs were 30 games under .500 right now I would (and have often in the past) made the exact point.

Brown

I'll bet you a ten pack against your fiver the cubbies don't show up in the WS with the best record in baseball.

edited for spelling

Brown

I'll bet you a ten pack against your fiver the cubbies don't show up in the WS with the best record in baseball.

edited for spelling

With half the league still in contention for the best record in baseball, and only two teams in the whole league that can make it to the world series, I'd say your 2 to 1 bet offer is a miserable bet. I would however offer you a fair bet (a courtesy you were unwilling to show me) and make the same offer I made before. A fiver on the Cubs having a better record than your favorite team.

Hopin next year is this year! :D

Brown

Brown

edited for spelling

With half the league still in contention for the best record in baseball, and only two teams in the whole league that can make it to the world series, I'd say your 2 to 1 bet offer is a miserable bet. I would however offer you a fair bet (a courtesy you were unwilling to show me) and make the same offer I made before. A fiver on the Cubs having a better record than your favorite team.

Hopin next year is this year! :D

Brown

I'll pass. My team sucks (though we are in first place at the moment thanks to a miserable division) so I guess that makes you just as discourteous :D