• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Almost 60 yo Glenlivet

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Seems like the bottles just keep on coming. What you are looking at is a bottle that my neighbors daughter came across when cleaning out one of the boxes they removed after he had died. She remembered that I collected scotch and gave it to me today. I never saw Lester take a drink of alcohol the 15 years I knew him which explains why this was packed away.

I spend some time looking but I couldn't find anything about a 4/5ths 12 yo 91 proof bottle so I asked a collector over in the EU who told me that this was bottled in 1963 or 1964 which means that it was distilled in 1951 or 1952. Still only a 12 yo but made almost 60 years ago. Imagine getting two bottles both made in 1951 only a few days apart. :thumbs:

1960s Glenlivetsm.JPG

Damn, very nice and it just looks cool seeing and old label like that. So since it was opened have you had a sampling and if so how was it. Just wondering since its been sitting around open for 50 years and all,

d

Only one problem. It's still sealed.

Damn, very nice and it just looks cool seeing and old label like that. So since it was opened have you had a sampling and if so how was it. Just wondering since its been sitting around open for 50 years and all,

d

Wow. Quite a wonderful gift, Ray. I'm happy for you. :thumbs:

That is quite a nice surprise.

I recieved a few "blasts from the past" years ago when my grandfather passed. They are all gone now, I drank them all with my father reminising great times. :thumbs:

If the closure has maintained its integrity and you're of the mind to open it up and sample it, I would be interested in reading a side by side tasting with this and a bottle of the currently available Glenlivet 12. Like a timecapsule--you could see the evolution (or devolution?!) of a dram with which I'm sure we're all familiar. Interesting stuff...

For the moment I'll keep it sealed.

That's great, Ray. Do you plan on keeping it sealed?

I've been contacted by someone who wants to trade for something that I would rather have so I'm looking into that option. We'll see.

If the closure has maintained its integrity and you're of the mind to open it up and sample it, I would be interested in reading a side by side tasting with this and a bottle of the currently available Glenlivet 12. Like a timecapsule--you could see the evolution (or devolution?!) of a dram with which I'm sure we're all familiar. Interesting stuff...

Wow, for some reason I thought it was opened. I dont think I would open it either at this point. In either case awesome find!

D