• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Altadis objecting to Pete Johnson over the use of the Fleur-de-Lis

A note on Altadis. The US refused to acknowledge Cuban trademarks, therefore leaving the names up for grabs in the US.

I will smoke Pete's cigars regardless. I do think it would be a shame for them to win on this issue.

I do not smoke Altadis Cigars, so I can't boycott them. I do wonder on how they have used the symbol, compared to how

Tatuaje has used it. I hope Pete comes out of this ahead. I think it's time to order a box of Noellas or Cabaiguan RX.

I hope Pete comes out of this ahead.

I hope so as well, but hasn't Pete straight up said that he rips some of these labels off? I would swear I heard that in one of his interviews. I really couldn't care less, but some would say that is 'asking for it.' Anyway, I think he'll be alright. Maybe he ends up changing his labels...

On the issue of Pepin being sued for using his own name, I actually think that makes sense. I mean the name he used was basically identical to one already in use. Garcia is a pretty common name as well, not that it really matters. That was just tough luck for him. Name was taken.

So the rumor I heard on this was that he paid a fee to continue using them on existing cigars, but can't use them on any new cigars that come out. So next years monster release may be a little different...

So the rumor mill says...

-John

So the rumor I heard on this was that he paid a fee to continue using them on existing cigars, but can't use them on any new cigars that come out. So next years monster release may be a little different...

-John

Maybe next year's release will be band-less...Cubans used to do it, and still do for some marcas, and I for one think it makes for a good looking cigar.

-John

Maybe next year's release will be band-less...Cubans used to do it, and still do for some marcas, and I for one think it makes for a good looking cigar.

Personally, I'm a fan of bandless cigars. It lets the cigar speak for itself. I understand that a nice band will get many to TRY a new cigar...and they'll continue to buy it if it's good. But if I were to make my own, I would probably go bandless.

Personally, I'm a fan of bandless cigars. It lets the cigar speak for itself. I understand that a nice band will get many to TRY a new cigar...and they'll continue to buy it if it's good. But if I were to make my own, I would probably go bandless.

I'm such a dumbass that I need the band to remind me what's what in my cooler.

I'm such a dumbass that I need the band to remind me what's what in my cooler.

I have the same issue.