• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Am I missing something? (MC Edmundo)

tolije

I bought a box of MC Edmundos and placed them in my humi. I did get them from a very reputable vendor (have bought many - all are authentic). Box code EFA AGO05. I purchased them because of all the reviews that I have read.

I smoked the first on after letting them sit in the humidor for a couple of weeks. Seemed rather bland. I waited another couple of months and smoke another. Same impression.

I have a box of H Upmann Conn #1 (SIH JUL05). I used the same approach with these. The flavor of these are outstanding. I have to force myself away from the humi everyday or they would all be gone.

My questions are :

Does anyone else have the same impression with MC Edmundos?

Is it possible that I just got a bad batch?

Am I just completely ruined after having tried the H Upmanns?

Edmundos are a milder cigar from what I recall, but they may just need some more time to fully develop. That's still a might young cigar.

Thanks Jstrat. I will let them sit in the humi for a year and try again.

Jabba,

I am fairly new to the true cigar world. Is there some type of guide that shows, based on ring size, how long a cigar should be aged?

no real guide I don't think but if you ask the older guys that have been around such as The Master, you will find larger ring Cubans usually need about 5 years minimum. In general, I even lay my NC cigars of larger gauge to rest for a minimum of 18-24 months, they are just way better.

Have you had any other Monte's? You may just not like the flavor Montecristo has, I'm kinda curious.

C&R

I had sworn off Montecristos. Despite repeated tries with various sizes this marque just didn't do it for me. Edmundos were amongst the selections for May at club melski (5x3, EAM SEP05). While these were certainly "young", I think they showed great potential.

I have not had that problem with the Edmundo's, I have enjoyed them a ton, even thought about getting another box. My box code is ECA MAR 04 and they have been sitting in my humi for a little over a year and I have enjoyed everyone of them.....Your box may need a little age.... :)