• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

An apology to the members of CP...

KiltLad

"Live & Learn"
Hello,

My name is David and I owe the members here an apology.

Last year, there was a CP fundraiser that I made a commitment to. When it was all said and done, I did not hold up my side of the commitment. "Why did I do this?", you may ask. There where and still are several reasons that led my down a path that put me at odd's with myself. I should have talked to the person running the fundraiser but I just buried my head in the sand. He pm'ed me several times, as did other members of the CP. I ignored them all. After some time the financial obligation was satisfied, but I still ignored their enquiries. These people had been good to me while I was a part of the CP, but I just walked away.

Why... Long story short, I have been out of work for over a year. Did I think I could fulfill my commitment? At the time, yes. After I said, "I'm in", the financial "S" hit the fan. I got in a hole that I had to look up to see the bottom of the ladder. I've been doing small "jobs" to survive this down economy where in. At the time, I had a little money. One phone call from my business partner took care of that and a lot more.

I should have contacted the powers that be at the CP, but I didn't. So I am here to say, "Mea Maxima Culpa". You all that know about this may not want me back at the CP. If so, I will accept that.

So, to put an end to this sorted affair... I am truly sorry about this whole issue. Let the chips fall where they may...

Sincerely,
David ( aka Kiltlad )

Just for reference here is the fundraiser he speaks of:

Linky

No mention of payment being made however. Maybe it's posted elsewhere?

Edit: John, jfields, cleared the payment issue up in the above linked thread.

Throwing this out there as a warning to the members of Cigar Pass.

Kiltlad committed to a $50.00 ticket and never paid. Coincidentally, his last active was the day that the winners of the raffle's were announced. I sent a few PM's that went unanswered.

Jonathan (Souldog) was in touch with his brother in law who from what I understand, said he spoke with David about this and payment was supposed to be forthcoming.

I see that he was active as of yesterday, but no response, or payment.

I'm throwing this out there to let the community know, and ask that no one engage in any transactions out in the open, or behind the scenes until this is answered for.

You checked the board the day the winners were announced? Heh.

And what's in the thread whopper linked to about you being sick?

Why don't I have a popcorn emoticon? Good for you for coming out, but it seems like you have a lot to answer!

Why don't I have a popcorn emoticon? Good for you for coming out, but it seems like you have a lot to answer!

You've been a member here since 2007, and you make a post like this? Figured you'd have known better.

*Edit*

Kilt, I know that Jon (aka Souldog) went to bat for you when this all went down and made a real effort to get ahold of you. A lot of us were worried what may have happened to you. Had you simply came out and told us right away what had happened, you would have certainly caught some flak for being irresponsible, but you wouldn't have suffered near the damage to your reputation you did by disappearing. It's good you are finally being honest with us, and it's good that you made right with the money finally, but, as Tom pointed out I think there may be some other unexplained things.

I'm all for giving people a second chance but in this case it should be somewhere else.

I'm all for giving people a second chance but in this case it should be somewhere else.

Agreed. Too little too late. This was a simple fix with communication. You don't just waltz back in 9 months later after finally fulfilling your end (or someone does for you) and offer up a apology like this and expect to get welcomed back in with open arms. Dude should have been banned for committing, not following through, and then ignoring any communications thereafter. Needs to be banned now regardless of excuses!

Now, where's my popcorn emoticon! :sign:

Agreed. Too little too late. This was a simple fix with communication. You don't just waltz back in 9 months later after finally fulfilling your end (or someone does for you) and offer up a apology like this and expect to get welcomed back in with open arms. Dude should have been banned for committing, not following through, and then ignoring any communications thereafter. Needs to be banned now regardless of excuses!

Now Brian, you should know better...:D

I know, I know, I've been a member since 2007......I just couldn't help myself! :laugh:

I know, I know, I've been a member since 2007......I just couldn't help myself! :laugh:

Bah, what do you know! Damn trolls!