• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anderson Silva the best pound for pound

To me, P4P means you can take a fighter and magically make them the correct size for any weight class, and they would dominate in that class. I feel Anderson Silva is the only legit P4P contender that the UFC has right now. And maybe BJ Penn.

Sorry, but I would disagree with Mir being in contention. Laying on his side and taking elbows from Pe De Pano was not a good show. And Brandon Vera dispatched of Mir in about 1:30 with 2 stiff jabs followed up with some GnP for the stoppage.

GSP has had some dominating fights, but he's never successfully defended the title. What's amazing is that he comes from a karate background yet outwrestles the best wrestlers in the UFC. If he can get his mental game together and string together some wins, he'd probably regain his spot on the Pound for Pound rankings.

I really like Machida as an up and coming fighter. I just don't think I can pinpoint anyone as being the best P4P fighter.

To me, P4P means you can take a fighter and magically make them the correct size for any weight class, and they would dominate in that class.

I think that's spot on, but I would add versatility as well. I've heard others make arguments for a guy like Sean Sherk with his 34+ wins -- but Sherk is one dimensional. Same with the old days where Igor Vovchanchyn was considered amazing, but if Igor got to the ground he would pray to get to his feet.

That's why folks like Spider and GSP (and Tara) get my support. They are comfortable anywhere -- on their feet, on the ground, and in the clinch. That's why I never think a guy like Liddel would be considered in the discussion.

Thanks for the link garvey. I missed those fights when I was on youtube a few days ago looking for women fighters. A good female friend of mine just started training in MMA after doing jujitsu for years.