• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

anejo v/s 1964

puros_bran

quit counting the opus v/s padron 1926 when i got to 12/5 in favor of padron...... same senario...walk into the shop,shopkeeper offers you either a '64 or an anejo to smoke with him...which one ya gonna take.and yes i'll state it again.probablly 100 diff sticks in the two lines but just play along.

I'll give you the same answer I did last time, it depends on my mood that day. One day I would be in the mood for a Padron 1964 Anniversary and the next day I might want an Opus X.

In this case it would be a toss up for me. As CC said, it would depend on my mood.

I'd take the Padron every time. I'm not a big fan of AF cigars, I know, it is unheard of in stogie land. Padron on the other hand are very much to my liking.

I attribute it primarily to the flavor profie. I find Padron's are much more to my liking than any of the AF's I've sampled.

Well I have only had 2 Anejos and I really enjoyed them, so I would go with the Anejo! Plus, I had a 64 principe last night that was just ok. :0

Brandon

Same reply - every day is different, enjoy one today,
the other tomorrow. However, if I am forced to choose, I go with
the Padron for consistency.

Brian

Depends on the time of day. Before 3pm I'd take the padron. Any later and I'd take the anejo :D

Well I have only had 2 Anejos and I really enjoyed them, so I would go with the Anejo! Plus, I had a 64 principe last night that was just ok. :0

Brandon

I would agree with you 100%...the 64's I've had were pretty good, but I can't call them anything spectacular...which I just attribute to my specific taste. I'll take the Anejo as well!

Ooooops! :0 I thought your question was between Opus X and Padron 1964. Now that I see that it's between Añejo and Padron 1964, I'll still give you the same answer :laugh: It depends on my mood.

Funny you asked about these two choices, Padron 1926 vs Opus X and Padron 1964 Anniversary vs Añejo. Those are my top four go to smokes when I'm not smoking Cuban cigars and it's almost always a tough choice since I love all four of those cigars! :thumbs:

I would toss a coin, pick one , and then try to trade it for 5 Macanudos... seriously! LOL

Anejo. The 64s are good, but straight from the cigar store, the Anejo is always going to be better (in my opinion).

Well a lot has changed for me since your '26 vs Opus post, thanks to some generous BsOTL, and I can now weigh in.

Still not terribly experienced with either of these two, but I have had each, and right now I'm takin the '64.

64's / 26's are fantastic, but I've got some Anejo 48's that are just...incredible.

Depends on my mood, but I have to say you picked three of my favorites. Given a choice, I'd probably take an Anejo as for me they are harder to get ahold of than the Padron smokes.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

p_sr4.gif

I'd take the fresh PAM64...
I'd take an aged Anejo...