• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another C-Bid Overpay

muddstick

Brazilia Whore
I bid on this this morning when it was worthwhile. I knew this would jump up, but it is still amazing that people will jump in and take all the sticks while overpaying. I am about to give up on cbid......again! :whistling:

Between The Lines

well, depends on where you live I guess, I've seen these go for 18$ before. I've never paid that much myself. If it goes higher then $21 then its blatantly over paying.

Hmmmm...I've been paying $15 - geesh, that's capitalism? or is it capitolism? :D

This is probably the only Fuente product I've had and just didn't like. I only tried it once (I probably should try it again) but for the price that usually comes with these, I'd rather not.

This is probably the only Fuente product I've had and just didn't like. I only tried it once (I probably should try it again) but for the price that usually comes with these, I'd rather not.

I thought nothing special regarding the BTL...
Give me a WOAM anyday over it or even a WOAN!
-Rob

I bid on this this morning when it was worthwhile. I knew this would jump up, but it is still amazing that people will jump in and take all the sticks while overpaying. I am about to give up on cbid......again! :whistling:

Between The Lines

I was in there at $15 and then this idiot comes in at $21 for all 10. Greedy, more bucks than brains. Auctions can make you do strange things I guess.

Brian

If someone's willing to pay that much... let him have them. That fools money will run out faster than my patience :D

I saw that stick for sale this morning as well. I was about to enter a bid and thought better of it.

I would like to say that I'm starting to get more and more worried about c-bid and their questionable business practices. Quite often I will find auctions for cigars that are bound to skyrocket misplaced. For example auctions for single sticks of any vitola of Opus X are commonly placed in the "Boxes" section. So if you're not paying attention or if you're just uneducated, you might bid a really high amount thinking you're getting a full box.

Also, I found an auction on their for singles of 1926 No. 35's. The auction was already up to $17 each, which was bad enough, but then below in the description it clearly stated that the MSRP for these cigars is $18! That is a flat out lie. The msrp, as seen in our own Padron reference thread is $9.99.

It seems like alot too many errors and omissions to be a coincidence or mistake on their part.

Same as those idiots who pay 30 bucks for an Opus, or 40 bucks for a Casa Fuente.

The guys paying triple, or even quadruple for theses smokes must be the same ones that keep all of the glass-top makers in business :sign:

I guess I am just looking at this the wrong way. If I go in and see someone is getting some smokes a few bucks or more under MSRP, I dont bid. Let a BOTL get a few deals. It is an auction for crying out loud. I guess I thought that was the point! I was wrong! :(

C-bid is the enemy to BOTLs the world over. They purposely mislead,falsely advertise, they out right lie in their descriptions and they take advantage of the newbie. They are a disgrace as a cigar merchant and they should be boycotted by every real BOTL.

C-bid is the enemy to BOTLs the world over. They purposely mislead,falsely advertise, they out right lie in their descriptions and they take advantage of the newbie. They are a disgrace as a cigar merchant and they should be boycotted by every real BOTL.

I was about to ask if C-bid was a good way to go but I've already received an answer. Thanks Master!

Zeebra, if you need a good source for non Cuban cigars then go to www.regencycigar.com. Their prices on their website are average, but if you call them and talk to Mike the owner and tell him you are a friend of Harris aka The Master, he will cut you some good deals. Do not talk to anyone else there, only to Mike, he is the only one who can cut deals.

Granted I'm a newbie but I scan cbid once a day and have yet to find a buy. Everything is over bid imo

I've also seen them upwards of $25+ at a couple of shops. Since these aren't even that wonderful of a smoke IMHO, it's probably a case of someone wanting to have one in their humi just so they can say they have one :rolleyes: