• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Humidor Finished

verhoevc

Banned
So I finished another humidor finally! It's been sitting like 90% done for a long while now... but I finally got off my butt and finished it.
Same design as my last one, but this time in douglas fir with black limba door, legs, and trim. It also has some beautiful flamed maple trim and inlay dyed green. It uses the same quilted spanish cedar for the inside and the drawers are solid spanish cedar with olive ash burl matching veneered fronts for beauty.
It's about the same size as the 500 count end-table that cheap humidors sells. It features a hand-rubbed satin finish as well.
This one is the first one I've built to sell. It will be going to my local B&M for that purpose.
Enjoy,
Chris
whole.jpg

Top.jpg

open.jpg

drawersopen.jpg

And the wetness you see in that one picture is me starting to season the humidor.

Excellent piece of furniture right there. Good job :thumbs:

Nice! I love the look of that. It really is a piece of furniture, which gives it added character. Great job!

Beautiful!

Verhoevc,

Obviously you are skilled and how knowledge about wood, so I ask, when seasoning do you actually wipe down the interior wood surfaces with water? I've done this to season all 3 of my dors and never had a problem, but have heard some state it will raise the wood grain.

Yup, I sure do. And yes, it WILL raise the grain... but why is this an issue? You're not finishing the inside surface... you don't expect the inside of your humidor to be glassy-smooth...
Chris

Yup, I sure do. And yes, it WILL raise the grain... but why is this an issue? You're not finishing the inside surface... you don't expect the inside of your humidor to be glassy-smooth...
Chris

Good point. Thanks for the response. Once again, great job you did!

Wow! I wish I could do something like that but unfortunately I'm still and the Lincoln Log level.

This one is the first one I made to sell. It sold in a day... But a friend was the one who bought it. Which is cool, but also explains the speed of sale.
Chris

Here are a few more pics.....
gallery_9581_1215_80121.jpg

gallery_9581_1215_151600.jpg

This one is kind of a bad pic. It is a straight line I swear....
gallery_9581_1215_107659.jpg

gallery_9581_1215_104976.jpg

gallery_9581_1215_186735.jpg

Very nice job. I hope it goes well at the B&M for you. I'm on a challenging one myself. You got some nice woods for your project as well. Again, good job.