• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Antique Collecting

Big Stick

I think it was Avb being gifted some antique carrring case and match holder that started me searching for the items

I've always enjoyed collecting antique furniture, Clocks and things of that nature.
But recently, I really enjoy looking for cigar related items(No not boxes)
It's not easy. But I guess I need to search harder Cuase I know there out there
Once they ban smoking period, wont all this stuff be Collectors items?
Lately I be looking for picture of people smoking cigars
Anyways found these great Maggazines for my Man Room's Wall:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/28669...073437793GTisoU

Does anyone else do this?

Justin

According to one of my in-laws in the antique business, smoking paraphernalia will never be worth much. He says there's too much of a negative attached to it. Demand for it will never be high and there's a lot of it. So, it should be a relatively inexpensive hobby.

Doc.

Ive seen some nice old cutters on eBay. And have purchased some Vesta boxes for my dad, to go with his Navy rum(Pussers) collection. But am yet to find an old Humidor. The only other items I have noticed are advertising and magazines, but I suppose its the same as every collectible you've just got to keep looking. Good luck Bro

The only thing I have is an original lithograph from Thompsons (not the same co as today) in Tampa from 1939. It's pretty neat, but have been starting to look for more.

According to one of my in-laws in the antique business, smoking paraphernalia will never be worth much. He says there's too much of a negative attached to it. Demand for it will never be high and there's a lot of it. So, it should be a relatively inexpensive hobby.

Doc.

Agreed. But the value to the owner could be Priceless depending on the piece.

Bill

Doc.

Actually, quality tobacciana is very collectible...and not cheap. As for demand, very good things are always sought after. Most of the rare items usually couple with something else...ex. politics, race, war...etc.

Like other 'collecible' items...there can be a lot of inexpensive items to pick up.
Also, like other collectible items...the VERY GOOD stuff is steep.

I say a tobacco related print for over $800....then there were also other items that were only a couple dollars.
Be wary of counterfeit and repro's at any price level.

Google some thing like 'tobacco ephemera' or 'cigar ephemera' - there's a lot out there!
Oh - and if you look up 'ephemera shows <your state>' you may find a show in your area.

Nice grab on the mags!

<personal note - I grew up in the antiques business and still run 'shows'>