• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any cowboys out there?

Ostrich quill boots? Apparently being a cowboy is a bit different in Texas than up here.

Ostrich quill boots? Apparently being a cowboy is a bit different in Texas than up here.

"Full quill" boots are formal and really just take the place of dress shoes, almost in the same way a felt hat is more formal than a straw hat. Same goes for any exotic boots (gator, shark, snake, etc.), but to be honest, as long as they're comfortable they're fine with me.

I'm talking about the look, not as much ranching and such. As much as I love going out and spending time in the hill country, I'm not even close to a legitimate cowboy.

[quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='639156' date='Mar 25 2008, 10:04 PM'][quote name='smellysell' post='639128' date='Mar 25 2008, 10:33 PM']Ostrich quill boots? Apparently being a cowboy is a bit different in Texas than up here.[/quote]

"Full quill" boots are formal and really just take the place of dress shoes, almost in the same way a felt hat is more formal than a straw hat. Same goes for any exotic boots (gator, shark, snake, etc.), but to be honest, as long as they're comfortable they're fine with me.

I'm talking about the look, not as much ranching and such. As much as I love going out and spending time in the hill country, I'm not even close to a legitimate cowboy.
[/quote]

Kevin, don't forget the chaps and lasso when you come down here this weekend. :sign:

[quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='639156' date='Mar 25 2008, 10:04 PM'][quote name='smellysell' post='639128' date='Mar 25 2008, 10:33 PM']Ostrich quill boots? Apparently being a cowboy is a bit different in Texas than up here.[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, that makes more sense. I started riding when I was very young and have a couple horses, and own a pair of boots that I wear ONLY when riding. I spent a vast majority of most of my summers growing up helping out on some family friend's ranch, but don't consider myself a cowboy by any stretch of the imagination. The guys I do consider cowboys who are many generations deep into ranching and have never known anything else wouldn't be caught dead in anything other than plain old leather boots.