• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Drew Estate fans?

Dan66

Just thought I'd ask...

Yes - I've been reading (and laughing along with) the ACID reviews! :p But what about the other lines he produces? For instance, I was wanting to broaden my Cameroon horizons today, and was picking up a few smokes I had never tried before. Then I saw the DE African Cameroon. It wasn't with the flavored cigars in the shop. It was with the good stuff. I figured that at about $3.50 I couldn't go wrong.

So, what about it... Any opinions on the African Cameroon or any of the other un-flavored Drew Estates?

There are too many good cigars in this world to be wasting one's time with anything made by that cretan.

Doc.

Drew can make a decent cigar if he wants too. La Vieja Havana isn't a bad line and shows potential.

I'm afraid that if I smoke them, my tongue will rot away, my balls would shrink to the size of chickpeas, and all joy of cigar smoking would go out the window. Like Doc says, why waste time on a certain brand known for mediocre products when many other manufacturers produce quality smokes for comparable prices?

...why waste time on a certain brand known for mediocre products when many other manufacturers produce quality smokes for comparable prices?
Good point. I guess I didn't realize that he had such a dismal reputation! Like most folks, I steer far from flavored smokes. But I'll admit to enjoying a Java once or twice. From what I understand though, he had Rocky Patel's input on that one. It's the "regular" line that I was curious about. I'll have this African Cameroon of his (after it rests a few weeks) and perhaps write a review of it.

Had a Drew CI Legends last night and really liked it. While I can take the occasional flavored stick, usually all I taste is the infused flavors. The Copper legend though was the total package. While the infusion was still a bit too strong IMO, the wonderful tobbacco taste was there too, and together they hit me with a double slam of pleasure. I'd take a puff, let it circulate, and get a strong taste of sweet coffee, nice. Then, strong tones of excellent tobacco would supplant the flavors. Each inhale was like a double hit.

The Egg though, worst cigar ever. The LVH's i've had, I could take or leave. I picked up a box though when Famous had the $17 sale, so i'll try them again in 6 months.

There are too many good cigars in this world to be wasting one's time with anything made by that cretan.

Doc.

I think the Liga Privada No.9 that Steve Saka (of CigarNexus.com fame) is working on now that he's at Drew Estates will change some people's opinions.

Were it me, though, I probably would create a separate brand to market these cigars. They are very nice.

...why waste time on a certain brand known for mediocre products when many other manufacturers produce quality smokes for comparable prices?
Good point. I guess I didn't realize that he had such a dismal reputation! Like most folks, I steer far from flavored smokes. But I'll admit to enjoying a Java once or twice. From what I understand though, he had Rocky Patel's input on that one. It's the "regular" line that I was curious about. I'll have this African Cameroon of his (after it rests a few weeks) and perhaps write a review of it.

Dan, One man's trash is another man's treasure. Don't write anything off until you have at least tried them. You can't let anyone decide for you what you will or will not like. Only YOU know what YOU will like and the only way to do that is by trying different cigars.

When I was a Newbie, I wouldn't even THINK about smoking an Acid. Now that I have matured and have a better feeling for what I like and don't like, I have tried a few of the Acid lines. And honestly, some of them aren't too bad. They're a nice change of pace cigar.

And some of the DE Natural Lines are actually very good, IMHO. But I have actually smoked quite a few before making my final decision.

Dan, send me a PM with your address. I'll send you some to try for yourself. Then you can decide for yourself whether or not it's worth it. I'll send you 3 each of two different Acids that I have. I'll only ask that you smoke all 3 of each and give them a fair chance. And post reviews after you've smoked them.

Just thought I'd ask...

Yes - I've been reading (and laughing along with) the ACID reviews! :p But what about the other lines he produces? For instance, I was wanting to broaden my Cameroon horizons today, and was picking up a few smokes I had never tried before. Then I saw the DE African Cameroon. It wasn't with the flavored cigars in the shop. It was with the good stuff. I figured that at about $3.50 I couldn't go wrong.

So, what about it... Any opinions on the African Cameroon or any of the other un-flavored Drew Estates?

DOAH! I missed your last sentence about the unflavored stuff. But if you're game, I'll still send you the cigars. I'll also send you a couple of the cigars that Moki mentioned, the Liga Privada.

And I'm guessing that the Cameroon smoke you're talking about is the DE Leather Patch. I think that's what it's called. I smoked one and it wasn't bad. I don't remember it being bad.

I've smoked one of the Chateau Reals, not too bad, almost reminded me of the RyJ Vintage. Except not quite as good. And the ring guage was too big. AND it said Drew Estate on it. :laugh:

I consider myself a bit of a purist, anything that tastes like a hippy and has a picture of a dredlocked motorcyclist on the box is right out in my book. Hell, I've been leery about smoking CAOs because they offered a flavored line.

Zino Davidoff pwns Drew Estate. So does Jorge Padron and Arturo Fuente.

I brought a box of La Vieja Havana Robusto, They are a good value every day smoke, I am enjoying them for what they are, A good cheep smoke. Well worth a try.

Does drew estate make a non flavored or infused cigar? I tried one of his exotic infusions and ended up with a headache and numbness face! (toxic chemical spill?) ITS THE DEVILS STICK.

Dan, send me a PM with your address. I'll send you some to try for yourself. Then you can decide for yourself whether or not it's worth it. I'll send you 3 each of two different Acids that I have. I'll only ask that you smoke all 3 of each and give them a fair chance. And post reviews after you've smoked them.
I'l happily take you up on that, Bigdog! PM sent...

Drew can make a decent cigar if he wants too. La Vieja Havana isn't a bad line and shows potential.

Ditto AVB. I buy a box of these every summer. They are a good cheap everyday smoke.

Just my $.02!

Ummm after last weekend I can proudly say...

FUCK NO! I AM NOT A FAN!

Ummm after last weekend I can proudly say...

FUCK NO! I AM NOT A FAN!
I thought for sure that smoking the whole box would have turned you. :laugh:

I smoked the Atom Maduro and will be writing that up shortly. Then I will make it through the rest.

Wilkey

The only cigars I have ever tried have been acids :( i bought a sampler before signing up on this board.

I hate acids now :(