• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Mountain Bikers on the forum?

JonDot

Recently started Mountain Biking as part of my exercise program. I have been having a BLAST doing it. I was just wondering if anyone else on here enjoys it.

I've been pursuing singletrack for 15+ years, from Sonoran Desert, to slickrock, to redwood forests. :thumbs:

There are lots of places here in the Ozarks to ride, and my wife and I love to go! Sadley, we have not had much time to do it since our new baby. :(

Brandon

I've been riding off and on for about 9 years. It's been mostly off for several years now. My new house has almost 6 acres of woods so I've been thinking about making some trails. I've been waiting for the cold weather to kill all of the ticks and chiggers before scouting the property to assess the possibility.

Edit: grammer

I go over in the Santa Monica Mountains. Very nice ride. Great exercise to get the heart rate moving.

What size of rims? Who here tried the 29"?

Two years in so far here and loving it. Mostly single track with a few man made obstacles. No big rocks for drops in Michigan.

I go over in the Santa Monica Mountains. Very nice ride. Great exercise to get the heart rate moving.

What size of rims? Who here tried the 29"?
I have a 29 and a 26. Love the 29. I'm leaving Tuesday morning for a week of riding in Arkansas. It's gonna be GREAT!!! We have quite a few local single tracks here in the KC Metro area. Lots of rocks and such. Thinking about taking a weekend trip to Fruita Colorado next year.

There are lots of places here in the Ozarks to ride, and my wife and I love to go! Sadley, we have not had much time to do it since our new baby. :(

Brandon

Oh I know the lack of time with a baby thing. The wife and I bought bikes after years of not having them, and years of small apartment life. Now with her working evenings it's hard to fimd the time to do it together. Soon enough he'll be riding though!

I've been riding for 10 years, and building for 4. First mountain bike was a Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, then made it singlespeed, now a shiny new Marin Indian Fire Trail. We have an amazing trail system here in Wisconsin, with the potential for world class riding, (if you don't think it is already).

WOOHOO!!! Heading to Arkansas later this morning for a week long tour of some of the trails there! This is going to be an AWESOME trip! :thumbs:

I've been riding for 10 years, and building for 4. First mountain bike was a Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, then made it singlespeed, now a shiny new Marin Indian Fire Trail. We have an amazing trail system here in Wisconsin, with the potential for world class riding, (if you don't think it is already).
Thats cool Robbie. Right now I have a Specialized Hard Rock 29'r and a Trek 830 - 26". I'm thinking about trying to build my next ride.