• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Shiner Bock drinkers here?

ShadMan

Shiner Bock Whore
Anyone here ever enjoy an ice cold Shiner Bock with your cigar? Great taste, and compliments medium/full bodied cigars very nicely! :thumbs:

If you are a beer connoiseur, you may enjoy my personal beer dispensing system also!! :cool: ;)

http://www.completelycolorado.com/forums

Click on CCMB, then on the post titled "My Kegerator". Also, feel free to look around the website! This is a message board I just started a little over a month ago, so let me know what you think! There are a lot of great pictures from the Rocky Mountain region in the Photo Forum.

I like shiner... its just hard to get in Germany lol

This is best asked in the beer forum eh?

Personally, I cant stand Shiner Bock and I considered myself a hard core Beer Connoisseur. But I also brew beer as a hobby for over 2 years now. So I am pretty picky when it comes to beer. :D I've drank it with a slice of lemon to make it a tolerable beer. But in my experience, many people enjoy many different things and that includes beer and cigars. :D

I see ya have a 4 way manifold. Are those Ventmatic taps? I cant tell from the one view. But a nice start for a kegerator, but mine is just a 5 tap system. :love:

i love shiner. they just came out with a limited shiner 96 that's really good, but i don't know if it can be had outside of texas

Haven't seen the Limited 96 up here yet, and I never saw it when I lived in Houston, either. Is it new? I also like Shiner Blonde and their Summer Brew. Pretty much everything that comes out of that "little brewery in Shiner, Texas" is a great beer to me!

Yes, the taps are Ventmatic. I actually have two four-way manifolds, and before I had the two-tap system in there, I had a 6-tap with six Corny kegs of homebrew in them. Then I got out of homebrewing, and just started buying commercial kegs, so I rebuilt the skirt around my kegerator and only drilled out two taps. There is actually room for three Corny kegs in there behind the commercials as well, but I hav never used a combination of Cornys and commercials, so two taps are enough. Sold the others to friends who were building kegerators.

All told, this one cost $1200 to build, including the cost of the freezer. Those taps and faucets ain't cheap! :p

My son-in-law kept babbling about "Shiner Bock" this, and "Shiner Bock" that... It was getting sickening. He kept telling me he wished he could get it up here (he's from San Antonio). I happened to be shopping at a liquor store in Wisconsin and came across the Shiner Bock, the Shiner Blonde and one other Shiner beer. So I dumped 3 cases of beer on his doorstep, rung his doorbell and ran... I wished I would have photographed the look on his face... :laugh:

I had the Shiner Bock. It is a very nice beer, for a commercial beer, but It is a little lighter than I care for. Certainly a step up from a Bud, but not quite up there with some of the other micro brews I enjoy...

Now that Sprechers Ale.... :love:

...or Fat Tire... :love:

yeah..the ventmatic ultraflow is now $38 a pop. Thats before the shank and all the other fun stuff since a tower is to much for me. hehehe!!! But if ya gonna do it, may as well do it right the first time around.

ggiese said:
My son-in-law kept babbling about "Shiner Bock" this, and "Shiner Bock" that... It was getting sickening. He kept telling me he wished he could get it up here (he's from San Antonio). I happened to be shopping at a liquor store in Wisconsin and came across the Shiner Bock, the Shiner Blonde and one other Shiner beer. So I dumped 3 cases of beer on his doorstep, rung his doorbell and ran... I wished I would have photographed the look on his face... :laugh:

I had the Shiner Bock. It is a very nice beer, for a commercial beer, but It is a little lighter than I care for. Certainly a step up from a Bud, but not quite up there with some of the other micro brews I enjoy...

Not that Sprechers Ale.... :love:

[snapback]254212[/snapback]​

What's funny is that Shiner Bock is cheaper here in Colorado than it is in Texas! I used to pay $11.99/12-pack bottles in Houston, but it is $9.99/12-pack bottles here. In fact, I picked up several cases when one of our local liquor stores had it on sale for $7.99/12-pack.

I've had a few microbrews that were competitive, but never a commercial beer. Although, I consider Shiner Bock more of a microbrew than a commercial. I like it MUCH better than Fat Tire, for sure! I am a big fan of a dark amber. I also like some stouts, lagers, etc., but prefer ambers for all-night drinking. A couple others I like are Tommyknocker's Walnut Ale, Big Horn Brewery's Total Disorder Porter, and there is a stout that comes in an oversize bottle (I think with a purple and white label) that I really like. I used to drink it all the time at the cigar bar across town, but they closed a while back and I haven't seen it since. I've forgotten what the name of it is, but I loved that beer!

Fat tire is ok. But this thread really needs to be moved to the Beer section.
I just :love: to brew, drink, and collect beer. I've traveled to many countries just for beer, food, and cigars. :thumbs:

Yep, if a mod wants to move it, feel free! I missed the subforum when I made the post!

ShadMan said:
ggiese said:

Not that Sprechers Ale.... :love:

[snapback]254212[/snapback]​

What's funny is that Shiner Bock is cheaper here in Colorado than it is in Texas! I used to pay $11.99/12-pack bottles in Houston, but it is $9.99/12-pack bottles here. In fact, I picked up several cases when one of our local liquor stores had it on sale for $7.99/12-pack.

I've had a few microbrews that were competitive, but never a commercial beer. Although, I consider Shiner Bock more of a microbrew than a commercial. I like it MUCH better than Fat Tire, for sure! I am a big fan of a dark amber. I also like some stouts, lagers, etc., but prefer ambers for all-night drinking. A couple others I like are Tommyknocker's Walnut Ale, Big Horn Brewery's Total Disorder Porter, and there is a stout that comes in an oversize bottle (I think with a purple and white label) that I really like. I used to drink it all the time at the cigar bar across town, but they closed a while back and I haven't seen it since. I've forgotten what the name of it is, but I loved that beer!
[snapback]254230[/snapback]​

That was the other thing... Here my son-in-law was bragging about Shiner Bock and I see it at the liquor store - on sale for $3.99 per 6-pack... I was shocked (hence the reason I bought 3 cases). I also have not found it at any other liquor store other than the one in Wisconsin...

That's a great price. I wish one of the liquor stores around here would drop back to $7.99 a 12-pack. I would pick up about 50 cases! I was broke last time they did it and couldn't afford to stock up. I gladly paid $1/bottle when I lived in Texas, though. It is well worth double that, IMHO!

I enjoy Shiner Bock. I don't think it is one of the best beers that I have ever had but it is good for the price. I have drank many a pitcher of Shiner while at the bar and it is a good stand by.

I will say this. Peat has drank quite a bit of this without saying no (maybe it was because I was paying ;) ). Also he brjavascript:emoticon(';)')
smilieews a GREAT beer. Nothing like a Peat Smoked Irish Ale or Peat Smoked Brown Ale to help along a good cigar.

LOL! So Peat is a closet Shiner Bock whore? :laugh: :sign:

I'd like to try a Peat Smoked Brown Ale sometime. Sounds great! :thumbs:

ShadMan said:

[snapback]254463[/snapback]​

I will drink pretty much anything long as it isnt BMC aka Buttwiper, Millers, Coors. OpusXKC forgot to mention that one. :D I've even turned down BMC when offered. :laugh:

Everybody has a different opinion on what makes beer great. I've had Shiner Bock and thought it was unremarkable. I don't like adjunct-tasting lagers. It is also an insult to real bocks to call THIS a bock. Better than BMC products though.

ShadMan said:

[snapback]254463[/snapback]​

We might be able to arrange this. :thumbs:

I'd definitely be interested. Maybe we can work something out! :thumbs:

ShadMan said:
I'd definitely be interested. Maybe we can work something out! :thumbs:
[snapback]254532[/snapback]​

I should be brewing another batch in December. I have an Altbier I need to do but I dont think I'm gonna peat smoke it. But then again, maybe I will. :D The one takes about 9 weeks and its ready to rock. I will need to be doing some soon cuz I will be taking some to Outlaw for the cigar events starting in March. OpusXKC can tell ya about my beers. :p