• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any watch guys? WOYWT

:Monty:

What's on your wrist today? Most cigar guys I know seem to be into the same stuff....cigars, cars, and various other big boy toys.

The watch bug is creeping through our club :whistling:

My new purchase :D

I'm rocking a titanium frame and banded Citizen that I paid $260 for seven years ago. I guess I'm not much of a watch guy. I'll probably spring for a Rolex after I recover from my first divorce in 2031.

I'm rocking a titanium frame and banded Citizen that I paid $260 for seven years ago. I guess I'm not much of a watch guy. I'll probably spring for a Rolex after I recover from my first divorce in 2031.

Plenty of very cool watches around for a few hundred bucks. :thumbs:

I have a Citizen Blue Angel eco drive. My daily wear is a Nixon 51-30

Don

Imho watches are obsolete. They are look nice but are really not needed any longer.

Good timing on this post. I haven't worn a watch in years until just a few days ago.I picked up a Bowflex heart rate/stop watch/time watch on impulse. It's a gimmick thing I'll wear on the treadmill.

I have considered the iPod shuffle with the watch band, but other than than I just use my cell phone

Casio G-Shock I bought for about $120 back in '08 when I was in San Antonio for my medical board. Although I take care of my stuff, always remember where I put things, etc., I think this is the longest I've ever had a watch. I think it's because it recharges itself (and sets itself), so the battery has never died on it, therefore I've never had a reason to put it in a drawer and forget about it. I still find various old watches from years and years ago laying around the house that have stopped running and only need new batteries.

Now, thanks to this thread, it will disappear today. Yay...

I had the watch bug bite me about a year or so ago. Its funny because at the time I started buying them I was buying with a larger case diameter. I see some now that are just huge. I always wear my large mechanical skeletonized watch when playing poker. I always seem to pick up a few more pots than I should when I wear it.

About 20 years ago, my kids pooled their money (a total of about $100) and gave me a Swiss Army watch with the date and a sweep second hand. It's been a good one. I've gone through about half a dozen bands for it. I think about upgrading sometimes, but it has so many sentimental memories with it.

Very cool looking Rolex Explorer II....clean looking, sleek, and doesn't look like it weighs a ton. How does it feel on your wrist when you wear it?

I've had a Submariner for years and can't remember the last time I wore it...too heavy & bulky on my wrist. I replaced that one with a Tag Aquaracer with a blue dial. It's lighter than the Rolex and isn't as thick....which serves me well as a basic every day watch for time & date.

I've been on a black watch kick lately. I bought a Movado Bold in all black and a Citizen Eco Drive Stiletto. They're a bitch to read in a dark restaurant, but I knew that when I bought into the whole black watch thing. The Bold is thick but light and the Stiletto is thin and very light.

Good luck with your new watch :thumbs:

I have several Citizen eco drives in various setups. I really like the looks, functionality and price.

Looks like Backslide and I are in the same ballpark here (which is a scary thought). I haven't worn a watch since I realized my cell phone, laptop, coffee pot, VCR (for you younger guys, this is a device we used to use to watch movies on TV), car, MP3 player, and every bank marquee has a clock. A watch is just jewelry now.

I love watches. I have about 30. Some of the better ones are Citizen Eco Drive, Luminox and then there is this little beauty

43a5d830-8e5e-421b.jpg

I can't not have a watch on during the week.

I have had a Rolex for about 20 years, needs to go in for a clean & tune up. I do not wear a watch much any more, mostly for business trips.

Looks like Backslide and I are in the same ballpark here (which is a scary thought). I haven't worn a watch since I realized my cell phone, laptop, coffee pot, VCR (for you younger guys, this is a device we used to use to watch movies on TV), car, MP3 player, and every bank marquee has a clock. A watch is just jewelry now.

Pretty much, not that there's something wrong with that. A couple buddies once told me that other than a wedding ring, a watch is the only form of jewelry a man should wear. I'm not one for necklaces, wristbands, or what have you. Only ring I have has a bottle opener on the underside.

I like watches a lot though I only wear one when going out. I have a Festina that I like a lot. The brand was recommended to me by my buddy as a very underrated Swiss brand with very affordable watches. I also have 3 Fossil watches. Would love to get some nice ones but don't have that kinda scratch at the moment.

I've worn a at Rolex Sub since 2000 until recently...after shedding some serious pounds lately, the watch got too loose and was sliding up and down my wrist. Took it off saying I'll have to adjust the band, but never quite got around to doing it. Suddenly I find myself not wearing a watch and just using my iPhone when I need the time. It's odd as for the longest time, I didn't feel completely dressed when I walked out of the house without my watch on. Actually...the same is true of my wedding band. I usually took it off at home, and put it on whenever I went out...again, I didn't feel completely dressed without it. After losing weight, the ring became to big, and I haven't had it resized because of the engraving on the inside of the band. I've now grown accustomed to not wearing my weddiing band also.

I have this Tourneau Automatic watch that I wear every day. Came from an impulse buy in Vegas that I found a great deal on. Will end up getting a Tag as an upgrade eventually as I like what they have in affordable automatic movement.