• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anybody Familiar with Clarksville, Tennessee?

txraddoc

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I live in Houston right now and are thinking about moving to Clarksville, TN. We've previously lived in smaller towns outside of Nashville before and they were too small for us. I was wondering if anyone had any experience or had any thoughts about Clarksville.

Thanks!

Allen

I live there now. Well, when I'm not in Iraq or Afghanistan. It's not a large town and it's about 45 minutes to an hour outside of Nashville. Big military presence, also. Maybe that obvious, but it depends on your job.

What do you and your wife like to do? If you're not a fan of small towns outside of Nashville, well, that's what Clarksville is. Not a whole lot of bars. Decent selection of restaurants, but most are chains. Small university in town. Typical mall. Riverwalk.

Housing market is fairly strong from what I hear because there's always military coming in and out.

Hope that helps a little. :)

-John

I do know that Clarksville, like the surrounding Nashville area is growing. It is a relatively short drive (45 min.) from the East side of Nashville. I have met lots of nice people when I am there on business.

I've been there several times...It's close enough to Nashville if you need some big city time. It's a decent town.

My wife is from that area, so I've gotten a little more familiar with it in the last few years. It's a not a bad town at all, especially downtown.

There used to be an okay cigar/coffee shop in the mall. When my wife and I were dating and I was out in the sandbox, she'd get me gifts there and send them out to me. The guy who ran the place was very friendly and had a decent supply of Ashtons and Padrons, but his humidor was the most cluttered and disorganized I've ever seen.

When I was back there seeing the in-laws at Christmas time the shop was gone with a Halmark-type store in it's place. :(

When the Mrs. is up I can pick her brain for more useful information for you. She was a deputy sheriff working in booking at the jail while she finished up her degree, so she has some unique insight into the workings of Clarksvegas. Something about dwarf prostitutes...

Edit for proper nouns and spelling.

the shop was gone with a Halmark-type store in it's place.

Briar and Bean. They moved up the street about a mile into their own place (1/4mile past 41A behind Porter Paints on the right). There's a smoking area there now and the humidor is a little more organized. Still find random stuff in there, though.

-John

the shop was gone with a Halmark-type store in it's place.

Briar and Bean. They moved up the street about a mile into their own place (1/4mile past 41A behind Porter Paints on the right). There's a smoking area there now and the humidor is a little more organized. Still find random stuff in there, though.

-John

John, outstanding to hear. Next time I'm back I'll be sure to hit it up. The Mrs. says she knows exactly where that is.