• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anybody try any other hygromter other than the

Ive got the taylor1428 that works great the only prob is the remote sensor is allways sold out ??? so stuck with the base and only one remote.

Got the Oregon Scientific from Amazon for 29.95 + free shipping. Included one remote which is dead on with the digital that was already in the coolerdor. I like being able to switch from the remote to the desktop unit. House air is now down to 34% with the scorched air furnace now running, and I expect it to go lower. Hopefully the new furnace wiht humidifier will help with that.

Google'd for additional remotes and found many sites with prices about half what OS wanted for additional ones.

Plan on getting two more remotes for the other coolers, and then trying to get down to
2 coolers so I can have one remote in the humi that's way off in the bedroom that I tend to ignore until it's way down.

Too much info? Oh well...... :lookup:

Why would you want anything besides the radio shack model?? :p :p :p

bed bath and beyond, though 20$, i could get for 16 with the coupon they usually send out. Im trying to go for efficient and cost effective. You know, "have your cake AND eat it too." But i do not know about reliability of it and thats where you guys come in. Also i want to go locally in case the thing is way off after a salt test.

Read the spec sheets. Most of your digitals in the $20ish range have a +/- of 5 points. That being said, buying a digital that someone else happens to get a spot on reading means nothing since the next one could be 5 points +/- and still be considered accurate.

Buy it..... salt test it.... if its not close enough for you take it back and get another. Repeat.

I took a digital back two times and got one within 2 points on the 3rd try. Persistent and salt test.

BTW...wrong room newbie! ;) :sign:

Not much going on in "Humidor". I was trying to get a quick general concensus for which one to purchase. It would of taken awhile to get enough feedback. Therefore, I believe this , non humidor, question worked best where the majoirty would see it rather than the minority in another forum. AND if you look closely at the description for this forum you will see that "This forum is for general discussion on most any topic"

now THATS funny Moki....guessing ya never DID hear from him then even with the cert letter

PaulMac

SFG75 said:
Why would you want anything besides the radio shack model?? :p :p :p
You just can't pay people for that type of advertising :p

Seriously though, the RS model is a good one ;)

Sam

Circuit City bought the Canadian Radio Shacks and along with them, products like the hygrometer. I was looking at it online as well, as I can't get them at my store. Free shipping over $25. Something to consider.

Gregor