• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone brought an ipad 2 ?

rawrr

Today, I lined up for the ipad 2 at 3pm. The line was not very long, and I thought I must be able to get one.

They started to sell ipad at 5pm, but by 6pm the manager came out and said ipad was sold out! There were still about 150 people in line. I was shocked and I felt so stupid that I just wasted 3 hours of my life!

Ordered mine online. Here in Brussels, the Apple online store opened at 2pm (4am pst) and I was on hold for about 45 min, but it was the work phone.
Free shipping (to my mom, because Apple will not ship to APO), free engraving as well. Should be here in my hands around the 1st or so.

This is actually the 2nd Ipad that I have ordered. My wife ordered the 1st one for me for Christmas, and had it shipped to ApoBox, a company that gives you a state side address and will then forward anything to an APO. But The iPad was signed for at ApoBox, but it never made it to me, it took me 3 monthes to get a full refund, and then I waited to see if the 2nd Gen would be released...it was so I pulled the trigger.

32gig, wifi only, with the new Smart Cover and an HDMI adapter plus Taxes, just over $750....

I can't wait

Tim

iFixit has a tear down posted already. I love that they're always so prompt:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad-2-Wi-Fi-Teardown/5071/1

I'm in shock and awe at the fact it actually did only sport 512MB...if any rumors were going to be false, I figured it had to be that spec.

Now is probably a very good time to get an iPad 1. Prices will probably drop dramatically. I got one for my birthday and love the thing. And haven't seen much to convince me to get the 2.