• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone in Hawaii?

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
We are moving to the Hickam/Pearl area next month and I'm trying to figure out how to move my collection.  It's small and it is humble, but they are my sticks and I've had some of them in the fridgidor for several years here.  I'm not too worried about the actual shipping part, but I do not know anyone there who maintains a humidor, nevermind one large enough for another hundred or so cigars.  

Do you think that mailing them in a small'ish coolidor would be the way to go?  They will probably sit in the mail room for a few days to a week before we get there.  The movers are taking the fridgidor on the 21st, we fly on the 25th, and won't get the mail until at least the 28th or so.  So, way may just beat them there, now that I think of it.  That's been the only method I can see working without having a knowledgeable receiver.  I could use some off-line advice/information, as well, in regards to a portion of my collection, if anyone has gone through the same sort of move before.  

Thanks in advance.

Plastic bags with Boveda packs... Ask a buddy to ship them once you're all set on island.

Enjoy Hawaii! Was stationed on Schofield & Ft. Shafter from 06-10

That's a good idea.  I'll have to see who I can trust around here to actually take care of that.  

We're moving the family, so unfortunately there's not going to be enough room to hand carry much.  Customs might get suspicious if the 7-year-old is toting a Dora the Explorer rollalong packed with tobacco... :D  

I've actually thought of that, but it's just not feasible, even for just a box or two, really.  I'd estimate I have 100-150 cigars.  So, not a huge collection, but more than I can carry along with me, anyway.  Oh well.

I'd pack it like a pass and ensure it's secure, load it with boveda packs and shoot it off. 

If Dave (4cbln3) is up for it, I would ask if you could ship them to him and pick them up when you get on the island.  I hear he has a massive walk-in :whistling:

Welcome to the islands!  I'm over on Maui, a neighbor island.

kann said:
That's a good idea.  I'll have to see who I can trust around here to actually take care of that.  
Shouldn't be too difficult.  Take it to UPS and have it packaged up and put the label on it and everything, then give it to someone.  All they have to do is drop it off.

Being in the military, there's gotta be a trustworthy buddy in your unit... Or maybe even another family your close with.

I forgot to mention... Hawaii is miserable! Clear water, sun, a constant breeze, amazing sunsets... Absolutely miserable. I feel for any poor soul who has to suffer through that!

On a realistic note, the traffic on Oahu is horrendous lol

If you haven't sorted this out yet I would be happy to help you.  Give me a call at 808-256-0675.  Aloha! Marvin

Ohhhh Marvin! How have you been? I was just telling a co-worker the other day about how much gun it was meeting you.<br /><br />Jason

I've been great.  How have you been Jason?  When are you coming out this way again?

Sorry for the late reply on this.  Been busy getting ready for the move.  Painting sucks, by the way.

Thanks for all the offers, though I think I've got this figured out.  I'm mailing a few coolers full of plastic bags, humidipacks and beads to myself tomorrow.  We should beat it there by this weekend.

Marvin, I do appreciate the offer.  I will give you a shout once I get on island later this week.  

Give me a call when you have time.

By the way, I am having an Illusione event on 9/5 if you are interested.  I'm releasing a store exclusive Illusione.

Will do.  We actually just got in late last night.  Had a SNAFU with my wife's government credit card right as we were getting ready to leave last Thursday, and government stupidity pushed us back nearly a full week.  After 30 hours in-transit, we are finally here and crashing in the Hale Koa for a few days until we get a house.  

In other news, if anyone has the opportunity to fly on the A380, I highly recommend it for long-haul travel.  Smoothest and quietest flight I have ever taken.  Eleven and a half hours virtually flew by (pun possibly intended).