• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone in music sales spec guitars?

Goalee1

Checking to see if anyone is in or knows someone in musical instrument sales, specifically guitars. I'm looking to purchase a guitar but the one I"m looking at is a bit more than I can spend and so I was checking to see if anyone is in or knows someone in sales ie guitar center, sam ash etc. The guitar I"m looking at is an Ibanez Egen18. I tried it, loved it but the price tag is really hefty. LMK G1

Checking to see if anyone is in or knows someone in musical instrument sales, specifically guitars. I'm looking to purchase a guitar but the one I"m looking at is a bit more than I can spend and so I was checking to see if anyone is in or knows someone in sales ie guitar center, sam ash etc. The guitar I"m looking at is an Ibanez Egen18. I tried it, loved it but the price tag is really hefty. LMK G1

If you manage to get a dummy sales rep at Guitar Center (plenty of 'em!), you could probably haggle a nice price, or if you have any other musical equipment you could trade in.

Have you looked into the S5470? A bit cheaper priced but doesn't look as good.

Actually, I was going to GC to pick up a digitech rp500 and it was the guitar that the salesperson gave me to try out the unit. Well needless to say, I had to forego the rp for now and put the 500 aside towards the guitar. If you're a player, you know that when you play something that just "feels" right, you have to have it. I think the s5470 has a little different body shape/feel and the pickups are different, I did see that there is about a 1K difference in price though. G1

My uncle has been a salesman for Martin guitars since...the beginning of time I think...if you have any questions...forward them to me and I will get them to him

Melly