• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone order from these folks

Can we just delete this thread and start over??? Sorry about the post. Didn't mean to start anything.

MilesMingusMonk said:
mrjinglesusa said:
Not even worth my time to respond...

:sign:

You've made it clear you are going to be a jerk about this whole issue.
[snapback]167515[/snapback]​

Read more, post less. :thumbs:
[snapback]167518[/snapback]​

Funny, I've gotten several PMs commending me on my posts in this thread. Have you received any thanking you for brining sarcasm to the discussion?

I was simply asking for clarification on the "rules" regarding posting sources. There were several posts before yours that attempted to clarify the issue in a friendly manner. Take your own advice: read more, post less - especially if you don't have anything constructive to say.

cigardawg said:
Can we just delete this thread and start over??? Sorry about the post. Didn't mean to start anything.
[snapback]167519[/snapback]​

No worries. In the future when several people tell you something, just heed it and accept it.

cigardawg said:
[snapback]167519[/snapback]​

I don't think that's necessary Scot. You asked a simple question you didn't know you weren't supposed to ask. I have been wondering the same thing regarding discussing sources so asked for clarification. Some were friendly in their explanations, others were not. No harm, no foul. I don't take anything on these boards personally and I hope you don't either. :thumbs:

***OFFICIAL THREADJACKING*****

Scot .. Just to let you know.. I sent out your end of the trade .. just in case here is the DC#0303 3430 0002 0192 7078

Thanks.. :thumbs:

alexgtp said:
***OFFICIAL THREADJACKING*****

Scot .. Just to let you know.. I sent out your end of the trade .. just in case here is the DC#0303 3430 0002 0192 7078

Thanks.. :thumbs:
[snapback]167523[/snapback]​

Nice. Good ending to this painful thread. Thank, Alex.

OK, here, I'm an "FOG" and I'll answer your question.. Absolute Cigars is a great retailer albeit higher prices because of their location. They are a great source for shirts, hats, and accessories though! ... now will the rest of you STFU.

Jingles, no one is trying to be rude to you, you seem to want to push the issue though.

I'm sure that all of those pming you haven't been here much longer than yourself and don't know what is and isn't done here.

I will tell you this though, due to this kind of crap you probably will never be privy to the "good sources" because you can't keep quiet about it..... ;)

Hey, guys. Can't we just let it go now?? It was a mistake to post what I posted...Mea Culpa. Let's move on. There are must more interesting things to discuss than this thread. :(

OK all you numbnuts.. my post should have ended this discussion.. now move along... :love:

Did I miss something? ???

Where's moderator PuroBrat when we need him? ???

Never mind the
Funny, I've gotten several PMs commending me on my posts in this thread
which quite frankly holds no water with me. If that's true those people should post and until they do, I'm not inclined to believe you. Most importantly is WHO are these people, newbies or people who've been around cigar boards for a while. This is extremely relevant to your comment so c'mon let's have it, WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? ???

MMM did not do ANYTHING to warrant your generally $hitty attitude there MrJingles so I think ya owe him an apology. I'm not going to lecture you about the tone of your posts, that's your "style" and your style here can be your biggest asset or your biggest liability. ;)

I find it interesting that Jingles first post here was quite like this one. Kind of reminds me of SorryP over at CF, until they ran him off!

Jingles, let me give you a clue, insulting well respected members of this forum won't get you anywhere except with the wannabe's who think they know what they're talking about.

pulease! :laugh:

Leebo8-9-8 said:
I find it interesting that Jingles first post here was quite like this one. Kind of reminds me of SorryP over at CF, until they ran him off!

Jingles, let me give you a clue, insulting well respected members of this forum won't get you anywhere except with the wannabe's who think they know what they're talking about.

pulease! :laugh:
[snapback]167569[/snapback]​

Let's get one thing straight. One of my early posts here has absolutely no bearing on this topic. It was an idea, a bad one, and it is in the past. Over my past 200 posts I have had no issues with anyone. I have done several trades, several purchases and all have gone off without a hitch. I have made several friends on this board whom I will be hopefully trading with in the future.

I in no way insulted anyone in this thread. Period. There was an amiable discussion regarding the rule of discussing sources and MMM made an extremely sarcastic post. Please, READ my posts in this topic. I have said nothing insulting - I simply asked for clarification and defended my friend. If I recall CC, you recently got mad at another member for not defending YOU on another forum. And now I catch $hit for defending my friend on this board - and all he did was ask a simple question.

And another thing, I don't care how long someone has been here or how respected they are by others on this board. Bottom line - you have to earn my respect just as much as I have to earn yours. Post count means jack to me and making sarcastic posts in response to my legitimate posts in a topic does not help earn that respect.

Again, read my posts in this thread and tell me where I said anything insulting to anyone. MMM made a sarcastic post and I retaliated. Unlike some people here, I'm not going to sit back and take it out of "respect" to a person's post count.

mrjinglesusa said:
Funny, I've gotten several PMs commending me on my posts in this thread. Have you received any thanking you for brining sarcasm to the discussion?

I'm sorry this isn't a PM, but, hey MMM, thanks for bringing sarcasm into this discussion, I found it very humorous and appropriate. :thumbs:

mrjinglesusa said:
Post count means jack to me and making sarcastic posts in response to my legitimate posts in a topic does not help earn that respect.

100% Absolutely correct. Post count does not mean a damn thing. How long you've been here and how you've spent that time is way more important.

The thing I don't understand is why bring this up, over and over when we've tried to drop an obvious hint?

I'm getting the feeling you're one of those guys who just doesn't want to listen to what we're saying, which is.........

Please don't discuss sources!!!

As my grandfather Herman use to say...

"Today's cute furry bunnies are tomorrow's hasenpfeffer stew."

I think this is why we don't discuss anything in an open forum.... Look what happened to this poor women for buying cigarettes on the internet...... and cigarettes are not illegal in the USA

BY NANCY DILLON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sheila Hansen received a whopping tax bill.
Smokers, beware: City Hall is coming for your wallets.

The city has quietly launched a crackdown on New Yorkers who have bought tax-free cigarettes via the Internet, the Daily News has learned.

Some 2,300 city smokers were hit this week with warning letters from the city Finance Department, threatening severe penalties unless the back taxes are paid.

It's the first big crackdown of its kind in the city, officials said, with the smokers' names coming from a landmark Virginia court decision involving the now-defunct Cigs4Cheap.com Internet site.

"You owe $900 in New York City cigarette tax," read the letter sent to Manhattan resident Sheila Hansen.

"If you fail to pay," the note continued, "the Finance Department may also require you to pay interest on the tax due and penalties up to $200 per carton."

In Hansen's case, that would be a penalty tipping $12,000.

"How dare they ask for $900 in 30 days. Do they think I'm [Mayor] Bloomberg?" Hansen told The News. "The tone of the letter is so threatening. I didn't even know I was doing anything wrong."

The city and state boosted taxes on cigarettes to $3 a pack in July 2002, driving the cost of a pack of smokes to $7. That drove many smokers to tax-free cigs on the Internet, where 10-pack cartons can be had for less than $30.

City officials said sneaky smokers now cheat the city out of more than $40 million a year in unpaid cigarette taxes.

And they said the 2,300 smokers - representing nearly $1 million in lost tax revenue - are just a start.

They're planning to send another 1,800 letters to parties who appear to have resold the cigarettes they purchased on Cigs4Cheap.com.

People who bought tax-free smokes from other Web sites still owe the city money, but they won't be getting letters - not yet, anyway.

"This is the first time we've done this. It's part of a new, long-term effort to ensure we're enforcing the cigarette tax laws," said Finance Commissioner Martha Stark.

And although the city's efforts have been unpublicized, they won't be for long: A newspaper ad campaign designed to educate smokers about their tax obligations will soon be unveiled.

Once the ad campaign starts, Stark said the city may decide to charge interest on any tax owed.

She said the enforcement is necessary to "level the playing field" for cigarette vendors in the city and safeguard the goal of the $3-per-pack cigarette tax.

"The tax was increased because we wanted to keep young people from starting to smoke," Stark said. "Going on the Internet and purchasing packs without the tax evades the strategy around saving people's lives."

New York State tax officials also have the option of going after the puffers to collect the state's portion of the unpaid taxes.

Hansen admitted she did buy some cartons off the Web several years ago, but said the Web site said the purchase was completely legal. She quit smoking in November 2003, she said.

"I'm losing sleep over this," Hansen complained. "They could have at least offered a grace period, or maybe an amnesty.

"The whole thing is just such an outrage. How are they going to punish just 2,300 people when there are hundreds of thousands of others doing the same thing?"

all you guys, cut the sh!t already. It is illegal to purchase cuban cigars in the U.S. If you so choose to ask questions about it, err on the side of caution and take it to pm....