• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone try the Oliva Connecticut?

Me neither. But I smoked mine right after it landed from the truck.
I do know Monk like them and he might have something to say.

The last 1/3 or so got better, but it left a bit to be desired based upon other Olivas.

I've been wondering about these too, I'm sure Ianhummel would have something to say about this.

The Oliva Connecticut Reserve was released about 3.5 weeks ago. It's an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper around a Nicaraguan binder and filler. Me personally, I smoke full bodied cigars on a regular basis. However, I have been smoking these CT Res consistently and love them. The Connecticut wrapper gives the cigar a buttery, creamy profile while the Nicaraguan binder and filler give it just amount of spice to let you know your smoking an Oliva. I get a spice kick upon the first draw while lighting it, after that it tones down into a mild cigar, however in the last third, I believe it goes from a straight mild cigar into a high end mild-low end medium bodied. I get great enjoyment out of this stick personally.

It's going to be hard to compare a cigar that is blended as a mild, yet flavorful cigar, to something like a medium bodied Serie O or full bodied Serie V as they are blended completely different. The Connecticut Reserve is not supposed to be like the other Oliva's in the sense that all other Oliva's are medium-full for the most part. This cigar was created to fill a void that we had in the brand and to fill the demand that we had for a mild CT cigar at the same great price point we've always offered. Hope this helps!

I enjoyed this cigar.

In fact I think for my palate it is very good. It is mild, but there is still some nice complex flavors there. By in large I am a self admited big flavor smoker, but with a few exceptions, so I was suprised.

I would encorage anyone to try this out. I wish they did it in a lance. :thumbs:

I found my first of these to be delicious, and I rarely smoke mild-medium cigars. Plenty of flavor in a mild bodied smoke. I know that sounds contradictory but I was really enjoying the taste of it. I did smoke it right of the truck and I can only think that the rest are only going to be better as they age. I originally bought these for friends that don't share my affection for big bodied taste, but I'm having second thought about letting these go too easily!

Got mine. let it sit for a week and had it the other night. I love anything Oliva and this was no exception. Not a mild guy, but like to mix it up.
I thought it was one of the best CT mild stick I have had along with the CT NUB

I've smoked one with my vitamin water the past 4 days on my way to work, its replacing the chateau reals, as my morning cigar

I just tried one of these, and for a mild cigar it packed a lot of creamy flavor. I think it would be a great selection as a morning smoke, or perhaps to give a friend to smoke that may not be a regular smoker.

I tried the one andy gave me and it was actually not bad for a mild stick to me. I carried alot more flavor than I thought it would. I agree for me its a great morning smoke.

I know I'm kinda bringing up an old thread, but does anyone have one or a few of these they'd be willing to trade? I loved the RP Connecticut and would like to try these out as well.

I have had two and I enjoyed them, they are mild and don't hit to hard, which is nice when I have to drive afterwards, or when I don't want to feel woozy for an hour or so.

I have smoked a couple of the thinner ring vitola and I thought it was a very good cigar.
Pleasant flavors that were satisfyingly present throughout the smoke.
I smoke a few cigars a day, and typically smoke a milder cigar in the a.m.; a lot of times on an empty stomach.
This one fit the bill.

I'm glad this came up to remind me cause I'm am running low on morning smokes.
I just might give a box a whirl, and see how they do on a daily basis.

I would recommend smoking these on a fresh palate. I.e., if you somke one of these after smoking a Tatuaje, you WILL be disappointed.
Definitely give them a week to three to stabilize. In my experience, a lot of cigars can even be flavorless after coming right off the truck.
So, in a couple of days, I usually can get some of the flavors, and after a month they seem to just taste better with more balance.

You talking to me MadMonk? :laugh:
After given the cigars a proper rest, I tried a few more and I do like them quite a bit. I even bought a few more.
Good morning smoke, mild to medium.

I agree with Mad Monk as they are great w/ my morning coffee and an empty stomach. I can start work and not feel light-headed. I bought a box of the larger ring gauge, but after this box is gone I may try some of those thinner gauges just to compare.
Having a good smoke and watching the world wake up is priceless.

Bought a box of the Lonsdales shortly after my first fiver posted up there. All my mild-medium guys love 'em and when I'm in the mood for that body smoke it is a definite go to. Another Oliva winner in my book and I smoke a lot of the others Series as well.

I personally haven't found a Oliva that I have enjoyed. I have smoked all their lettered series but have yet to try a Master Blend. I am hesitant in buying one.

It didn't do a whole lot for me.

Yeah I agree. Norcal Mark, handed me one at his shop and I didn't care for it much. The first third of the stick was pleasantly nice with a decent peppery taste but after that, it just tasted like hot air to me. I dumped the thing with about 2 inches left.