• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone use MagicJack?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Since Vonage raised their prices without notice, it has had a lot of people up in arms. It's one thing to alert your customers that prices will be increasing, however Vonage failed to do this. After having been a customer of theirs for over 6 years, I'm considering the Magic Jack. I rarely use Vonage, so I don't need all of the features they offer.

What's your experience with MagicJack?

Thanks,
Rod

I haven't used Magic Jack but I always see them advertise on TV for a free trial month. It might be worth a try if it is legitimately a free trial.

Rod,

I took the VoIP plunge around Christmas time. I did an --- load of research into it. Check out my Ooma thread from around that time.

In my research of user reviews, Ooma received a lot more love than MagicJack did. My only beef with Ooma is its international calling - which sucks. It's a hit or miss deal with international calls for some reason. I am 1,000% satisfied with its domestic calling. I really dig that it will text my cell phone to alert me of a new voice mail.

I haven't used Magic Jack but I always see them advertise on TV for a free trial month. It might be worth a try if it is legitimately a free trial.

So, your as experienced with it as much as I am...none.

:laugh:

Anyone else think that the thread title was referring to an entirely different type of product?

My home repair guy was by last week and he had a Magic Jack and seemed pretty thrilled with it.

No details from him, though he's not a super tech savy guy and seems to get along with it just fine.

We used one a few weeks ago while in Peru and it worked great. I was able to call home for free with no problems.

Go with whatever is cheapest, I'd say. The underlying service is virtually the same for all providers, including Vonage. Be careful about 911 service, though. THAT varies.

I'm going with Ooma, seems to be the best deal w/ what I need. Thanks guys.

Just googled MagicJack. Looks pretty nifty. I am thinking it might be worth a try. If it sucks I am only out $40 bucks

Since Vonage raised their prices without notice, it has had a lot of people up in arms. It's one thing to alert your customers that prices will be increasing, however Vonage failed to do this. After having been a customer of theirs for over 6 years, I'm considering the Magic Jack. I rarely use Vonage, so I don't need all of the features they offer.

Thanks,
Rod

Every morning I hop in the shower, and then dry myself off with my ShamWow. I go down to the kitchen, toss some nuts and veggies into my SlapChop whilst grilling sausage on my George Foreman grill. Then I plug my MagicJack in, and start making phone calls (I'm looking for the best price on an Awesome Auger).

Thanks,
Rod

Every morning I hop in the shower, and then dry myself off with my ShamWow. I go down to the kitchen, toss some nuts and veggies into my SlapChop whilst grilling sausage on my George Foreman grill. Then I plug my MagicJack in, and start making phone calls (I'm looking for the best price on an Awesome Auger).

With no mention of your Snuggie, your reputation has slipped just a little bit in my eyes. :(

I am using Skype alot now. I paid $26 for three months of service and it has been excellent. I am making quite a few international calls, which are included, and when I am not around the computer the calls are forwarded to my cell phone, which is a big plus.

Maybe not for everyone, but I think Skype is a really cool service...

A customer of mine came into my store and was talking about MagicJack. He said that he's had it for about a week, and cancelling the service. Claims that it makes his computer way too slow. That's all I got out of him.

Thanks,
Rod

With no mention of your Snuggie, your reputation has slipped just a little bit in my eyes. :(

Nor did we hear of a Roomba OR Magic Bullet!

I believe the internet based phone services are the ones susceptible to "swatting". Google "swatting" and you'll get a ton of info.

My father and sister have this and I think they only pay 25 bucks a year
They love it and from what they've told me its unlimited long distance :thumbs: