• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyting worth doing is worth overdoing

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
Well, I made my first pipe purchases this week. (Yeah, I've got the fever...)

Big Ben Barbados 651B
Big%20Ben%20Barbados%20651B.jpg

Calabresi Smooth
Calabresi%20Smooth.jpg

Missouri Meer Country Gentleman Bent
Missouri%20Meer%20Country%20Gentleman%20Bent.jpg

Missouri Meer Diplomat Straight
Missouri%20Meer%20Diplomat%20Straight.jpg

Peterson Irish Whiskey Smooth 408
Peterson%20Irish%20Whiskey%20Smooth%20408.jpg

Peterson System Standard 303
Peterson%20System%20Standard%20303.jpg

As part of this set
Zippo%20Gift%20Set.jpg

I also still have an old Grabow Billiard Bent somewhere around here. I need to dig it out.

I still need to find a little meerschaum, but I'm going to wait a little while. I have the Altadis sampler and a couple of other blends to sample (thanks again Robbie!), but I want to get a few more blends to try before I buy another pipe. For now, I've got my fishing pipes and some decent starters. I'm one happy dude!

:D

Very nice selection Alan! :thumbs: I've got one Calabresi and it smokes really well. Very nice Irish Whiskey finish Pete.

Smoke 'em in good health!! (Hope the fish are biting!) :D

Very nice selection Alan! :thumbs: I've got one Calabresi and it smokes really well. Very nice Irish Whiskey finish Pete.

Smoke 'em in good health!! (Hope the fish are biting!) :D
Thank you (and other members) for all of your help and advice. Now I'm scouring the threads and tobaccoreview.com trying to figure out what blends to pick up and try. I thought there were a lot of cigars to try when I first started out, but holy mother there are a lot of pipe blends out there! :laugh:

I like that Calabresi, and the stem on the Big Ben is damned fine looking ;)

Nice beginner set. That peterson system pipe will smoke very dry. Just dont forget to clean it when you are done!

Nice pipes. I just bought a Peterson 303 this weekend. The P-lip takes a bit getting used to.

Thank you (and other members) for all of your help and advice. Now I'm scouring the threads and tobaccoreview.com trying to figure out what blends to pick up and try. I thought there were a lot of cigars to try when I first started out, but holy mother there are a lot of pipe blends out there! :laugh:

Briar's own, definitely :blush: Actually, they have probably 20 blends there.. you keep complaining, you're gonna get a lot of samples...

Definitely some nice Peterson pipes you have there. Hell the shop in Dublin, Ireland is something to see if you ever get there. It should still be across the street from Trinity College, but they may have moved since 2002. You will have fun trying blends thats for sure. :thumbs:

I agree Alan, when you do something, do it properly or not at all. So why only 7 pipes :laugh:

Enjoy the new hobby just don't forget us lowly cigar smokers :cool:

Brian

I agree Alan, when you do something, do it properly or not at all. So why only 7 pipes :laugh:

Enjoy the new hobby just don't forget us lowly cigar smokers :cool:

Brian
I'm just getting started, Brian. :p

:laugh:

Oh, I'm not giving up cigars. I'm simply augmenting my smoking experience. I've found myself not enjoying some cigars quite as much and not really having the time to sit down and enjoy some of my favorites. I figure that if I switch it up from time to time I'll maintain my interest in both hobbies. It also doesn't hurt that the pipe should be a little more "winter" friendly up here. I can't really enjoy a cigar when it's below zero, many of them are just too fragile and temperamental at the lower temps.

It helps a little with the wife, as well. Thanks to this place my cigar tastes have evolved to where I simply don't enjoy some of the more "economical" smokes that I used to enjoy a lot. Once I get going, the pipe hobby will be a little less expensive for me (a once or twice a week smoker).