• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Apologies for being a little self-indulgent...

Eshaw99

Just livin' the dream
...but I released a song a couple of months ago that may be pertinent to some people's interest here. It's called "Cigars and Whiskey" (if you don't like country, you may not like it). It's available on all of the streaming music services, but it can also be found for free on YouTube.

If you don't like it, at least you'll get your money's worth :)

Very cool! I can hear this being played loud (and sung along with) at the old Electric Cowboy I used to frequent in Little Rock.

What's the musician credits on this? How was it recorded? Is there a whole LP, or just this single? I really dig it, and it's not even the sort of tune I'd spin up these days. Thanks for sharing.

Very cool! I can hear this being played loud (and sung along with) at the old Electric Cowboy I used to frequent in Little Rock.

What's the musician credits on this? How was it recorded? Is there a whole LP, or just this single? I really dig it, and it's not even the sort of tune I'd spin up these days. Thanks for sharing.

Songwriting and vocals are me. Bass guitar is my bandmate Tracy McKee. Harmonica is my Dad, Eric Sr. All other instruments and all of the production are by my bandmate Bobby McKee. Bobby was a professional session and touring guitarist in Nashville for over 20 years (played with some very big acts), but he moved back to Indiana a few years ago and mainly does studio production and session work.

I've released all 6 of my songs individually over the past few years instead of grouping them into an LP. They are all on all of the streaming sites (Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc...), but here's a playlist of them on YouTube: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVH_HU4m_E6rpjn62Zh7BVN2pS7mf3Zu_&si=xg5FXLdTpJ9_kobh

If you're trying to find them on the streaming sites, just search for Eric Shaw. There are other Eric Shaw's that will come up, but if you check the YouTube playlist, it only has the songs that are by me.

Last edited:

Forgot to add, thank you for the compliments! I wrote the lyrics while sitting at a cigar bar that had a very impressive bourbon selection (I travel a ton for my job, so I don't even remember where it was). When writing the music, I just wanted it to sound like a song I'd want to listen to while smoking a cigar and drinking whiskey. I performed it live at solo shows for a number of years, but Bobby gave it the feel I was looking for.

...but I released a song a couple of months ago that may be pertinent to some people's interest here. It's called "Cigars and Whiskey" (if you don't like country, you may not like it). It's available on all of the streaming music services, but it can also be found for free on YouTube.

Cigars and whiskey? Gross. Who does that?

Fantastic. REAL C&W!

Not most of what's being put out today and called Country. I'd play this on any jukebox at every bar that I could.

Congratulation on another release. Huge accomplishment!

Great writing, great vocals, and the band is TIGHT! Keep ‘em coming!

@Eshaw99 sitting by a fire with my 19 year old grandson who loves country, he says you should put that on spotify and all the other streaming sites.

👍

@Eshaw99 sitting by a fire with my 19 year old grandson who loves country, he says you should put that on spotify and all the other streaming sites.

👍
It's already there! Search for "Cigars and Whiskey" by Eric Shaw. I've got 5 other releases on all of the streaming sites as well:

"Chattanooga"
"At Least You Left Me A Song"
"Goin' Out On Top"
"Devil In The Desert" (<--This one is more rock than country)
"Famous On The Weekend"

Well, I'm late to the party, but congratulations, this is awesome!