• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AR-15 Building

You have received a lot of good advice. Definitely check out ar15.com . You can look at all of the builds they have and get idea about which configuration you want and learn some of the lingo. Also be sure to get plenty of mags. I prefer the mags with the magpul follower because I think they are much easier to load. Good luck. :thumbs:
Mags are a good point. The mags with the magpul followers are VERY good mags, as are the new P-Mags. The P-Mags are some of the best mags out there for the $ right now IMO.
B

Not to thread jack or anything but do any of you predator hunt?

John

You have received a lot of good advice. Definitely check out ar15.com . You can look at all of the builds they have and get idea about which configuration you want and learn some of the lingo. Also be sure to get plenty of mags. I prefer the mags with the magpul follower because I think they are much easier to load. Good luck. :thumbs:
Mags are a good point. The mags with the magpul followers are VERY good mags, as are the new P-Mags. The P-Mags are some of the best mags out there for the $ right now IMO.
B

I haven't used the P-Mags. I was under the impression that they were more of a throw away mag that could be produced rapidly for military applications.

Interested in building an AR-15, especially with a possible administration change in policy coming up. Anyways looks like a lot of fun as well, like legos for adults. Just wondering if anyone else is interested in this type of stuff.

I've assembled my RRA lower receiver. I'm currently saving up for my upper, and I'm debating which stock to put on it.

....black guns are cool.... :cool:

Awwww yeah.

OUt here in Gontrolafornia, our AR15's are pussified...

You just have to work around the limitations.

The scary part is that I don't know what the future holds for these rifles. In California they sound like WWII rifles having stripper clips with no mags. My only concern with building my own rifle is doing something wrong and having it slamfire and blow up.

This is the lower receiver I am thinking about BTW...

http://www.anvilarms.com/pc-36-19-stripped...r-receiver.aspx

Peekay, you just need to put a bullet button in place of the mag release, and you can use a 10-round magazine. If you happen to be in possession of pre-california-ban magazines, you can keep them in shape with rebuild kits for your magazines. It is a terrible thing that people keep buying new magazines from other states and rebuild kits such that they seem new. They could run afoul of the law if they were somehow found out.

Cheers!

I've helped build a handful of AR-15s. The Lego comment pretty much sums it up. For my tastes and shooting preferences (600+ yds), I'm happy with my Remington 700 in .308. ARs remind me of toys much like Ruger 10/22s, you can get one for cheap, but you will eventually spend equally as much or more on tricking it out and making it your own.

B

I haven't used the P-Mags. I was under the impression that they were more of a throw away mag that could be produced rapidly for military applications.

They are designed from what I understood to be cheaper to maufacture and more durable. They are a LOT more durable than the aluminum mags IMO. They load VERY smoothly, don't jam, and feed flawlessly. They are also almost impossible to destroy.
B

Pmags are the only way to fly, now that they make a 20 rndr! I'm not going to knock the mil-spec aluminum bodied mags as John Paul recommends them for his rifles. But all things being equal, and for an extra three or four dollars, I'll go for the Pmags. Plus I just ordered a PRS for my RR. (blame OpusXKC)!

Billy