• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you addicted, or is this just a hobby?

When i started out, i smoked three to four cigars a day, then i lost the taste for them. Now i smoke about three a week and i smoke higher quality cigars and enjoy them a great deal. YMMV!

I am an addict no doubt but I rarely smoke more then 1-2 a week. In fact I've yet to smoke a cigar in July. I'm also addicted to the fuzzy stuff but I haven't had any of that for a while either.

:sign: 70s style fuzzy stuff?

I also haven't yet have one in July. I will soon be enjoying a nice one for the birth of my daughter.

Usually it's 1-2/week.

I frequently smoke 5 or 6 a day. I'm ADDICTED physically, just as I was to cigs. I can feel that tickle in the back of my throat right now, wanting to smoke. That ain't right, and I think I've just now decided to do something about it.

I frequently smoke 5 or 6 a day. I'm ADDICTED physically, just as I was to cigs. I can feel that tickle in the back of my throat right now, wanting to smoke. That ain't right, and I think I've just now decided to do something about it.

by doing something about it, I hope you mean smoking a cigar :)

Oh, no, not quitting. I may quit for weeks, or even months, but I want it reduced back to a hobby.

I smoke 3 to 5 a day and nope not quiting not slowing down, I am content and happy! :thumbs:

I smoke 3 to 5 per day. I don't care if I'm addicted because it can't possibly be as bad as my 35 yr old 2 1/2 pk a day Camel straight habit was.

Doc

I smoke 3 to 5 per day. I don't care if I'm addicted because it can't possibly be as bad as my 35 yr old 2 1/2 pk a day Camel straight habit was.

Doc

Damn Doc.

I smoke 2-3 on my days off and 1 in the evening if I'm working. I think I'll cut back a little. :laugh:

An addict denies that he has a problem.

An aficionado embraces what others view as a habit or hobby and strives to elevate it to an art form.

I’m somewhere in between. Closer to an addict than I am to an aficionado.

Doc

Mine was Salems, Doc, but only 25 years. I want to smoke a cigar when I want, not when I need to. And, I want to upgrade the quality of my smokes. :thumbs:

I smoke as many as I can a day. I average about 14 a week, generally 1 one day, 3 the next.

I smoke 3-4 a week. I can go for weeks without then burn up 3 in a single day. Just depends on what is going on and how much time I have.

I am an addict no doubt but I rarely smoke more then 1-2 a week. In fact I've yet to smoke a cigar in July. I'm also addicted to the fuzzy stuff but I haven't had any of that for a while either.

:sign: 70s style fuzzy stuff?

I also haven't yet have one in July. I will soon be enjoying a nice one for the birth of my daughter.

Usually it's 1-2/week.

It was in the 70s that I first realized my addiction so :whistling:

Mine is an addictive hobby. I'm a seasonal smoker, 12- 15 a week in warm weather to 1 to 3 in the winter. Some weeks will go by without a cigar during winter. I usually will smoke three cigars while I golf. I took up golfing as a way to smoke cigars. I have never had anyone on a golf course tell me my cigar bothers them.

If one were to look at the definitions of what an addict is:

TRANSITIVE VERB:
ad·dict·ed , ad·dict·ing , ad·dicts
1. To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance: The thief was addicted to cocaine.
2. To occupy (oneself) with or involve (oneself) in something habitually or compulsively: The child was addicted to video games.

NOUN: (dkt)
1. One who is addicted, as to narcotics or a compulsive activity.
2. A devoted adherent; a fan:

I don't fit the profile. I don't feel physiologically or psychologically compelled to smoke cigars. Nor do I habitually smoke or feel a compulsion to do so. I can go weeks without smoking a cigar and feel no effects, ill or otherwise from not having a cigar for weeks at a time.

Maybe I am addicted to the calming and relaxing feelings that a good cigar can bring about. I enjoy those aspects. But as far as being addicted to cigars because of the nicotine or other chemical properties in the tobacco, I don't believe that I am an addict.

Fads usually end over time. And a hobby is an activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure. The definition seems befitting of what cigar smoking can be to some people. But it is no hobby to me. I also do not consider myself a cigar aficionado, or one who is a serious devotee or ardent follower and admirer of cigars. That seems more appropriate to the act of worshiping something or someone. I certainly don't worship cigars.

I consider myself a cigar enthusiast and one who is ardently absorbed in the interest of cigars to the extent that not only do I enjoy them, I have a desire to be as knowledgeable about cigars as I can be.

Being an enthusiast seems to fit a great many cigar smokers that I know. :)

What I am "addicted" to is the quality time I get when i sit down and smoke one.

I generally smoke 4-5 a week although on Outer banks fishing vacations I have been known to pound about 30 in a week.

I am a newbie to this hobby, and am wondering if any of you out there feel physically addicted to Cigars like a person becomes addicted to cigarettes.

How many Cigars do you smoke per day/week? I currently smoke just 2-3 per week, but am eager to try a lot of different cigars. However, I would prefer to keep this as an optional hobby rather than a habit.

I have seen some other posts on this type of information, but am looking for some fresh responses.

I've never felt addicted to cigars but I have found myself at times smoking out of habit. Since moving down to Tampa, I find myself averaging four a week (which is less than what I was smoking when I had more time on my hands back in Illinois). I enjoy smoking a little less; however, I'm not spending any less money because I'm only smoking better cigars. :rolleyes:

Fads usually end over time. And a hobby is an activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure. The definition seems befitting of what cigar smoking can be to some people. But it is no hobby to me. I also do not consider myself a cigar aficionado, or one who is a serious devotee or ardent follower and admirer of cigars. That seems more appropriate to the act of worshiping something or someone. I certainly don't worship cigars.

I consider myself a cigar enthusiast and one who is ardently absorbed in the interest of cigars to the extent that not only do I enjoy them, I have a desire to be as knowledgeable about cigars as I can be.

Being an enthusiast seems to fit a great many cigar smokers that I know. :)

Wow, well said my good man. This really sums it up for me.
Plus 2 karma HBD :thumbs:

Tim

I have always smoked cigarettes so I am a tobacco addict for sure. Lately, I smoke 3-4 cigars a day, but usually only 1 full-size good quality stick. The others are like petite coronas or coronas. Since I stated smoking cigars at this level my cigarette consumption has dropped by 2/3 or so. I am disabled (not smoking related) so I have lots of time on my hands. Researching, purchasing, and then enjoying cigars is something that I can do at those times when I cannot do much of anything else e.i. physical activities. Cigarettes are no longer satisfying, even though I make my own with the best premium tobaccos. Certain cigars actually seem to make my chronic pain feel better and can definitely lift the spirit.
I am not interested in quitting.

Being a noob, I only have limited experience on this subject....

But i do know this....I was once addicted to cigarettes...when we got pregnant i didn't want my child to associate that cig smell with me so i quit cold turkey....never looked back after a year and a half....i picked up cigars about two months ago (maybe?).....the only thing about cigars that i'm addicted to is the thought of something out there being better than i've already had....i want to find that next bigger and better smoke and i want to find it now....i find myself thinking about all the good smokes i have in my humi and wanting to smoke them right that instant....but then i think about the anticipation and how much better that smoke will be at the right time.....

this culture is so huge that i'll never be able to fully experience all of it....but with the help of you guys i think i'm doing pretty well for myself so far...

thanks for be so smart ya'll

Lurch