• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you looking for Pappy 20?

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Here is the next best thing. Jefferson's Presidential Reserve 18 is really 20 yo SW juice the same as the current Pappy 20. As close to Pappy 20 as you can get without Julian Van Winkle picking out the barrels. Little Brothers has it on sale and they ship most places.

LINKY

I agree this is some real good stuff and if anyone has access to it they should treat themselves to a bottle. My recollection is that the PVW20 has a heavier mouthfeel while the JPS18 while an excellent drink was a little thiner and more oaked. With that said they do have very similar flavor characteristics and are both SW juice from the same time frame. Also note that there are rumors of some major variation in regards to quality from batch to batch. If anyone is interested there is a lengthy 18+ page thread related to this juice. Just google Jeffersons Pres Select 18 and forum and you will find it or you can PM me.

I have both open, I will do a vertical at some point this week and share my thoughts.

The JPS, is definitely one of my favorites, I have bunkered 3 bottles along with the open one that I am currently enjoying and it looks like our state just got another large shipment so a few more might wander home as impulse buys. If anyone needs help with a bottle let me know it is currently $69.99. Which is pricey but, given the quality of the juice and its historical signifigance is a pretty good deal.

I picked up a bottle yesterday from my local shop for $99. Its a little high, but I try to do all my higher end bourbon and scotch business there because I am trying to get on his PVW list.

It is a little more heavily oaked than I was expecting, but this was from batch 14 and I have heard there is significant variation batch to batch. Overall, it was delicious. I am thinking about picking up a bottle of the 17 yr old next time I am there, because he has a few bottles from lower batch numbers.

Just found a bottle at the main specs in Houston. Lots of Willett 21 there as well.

I likes me some Willett 21. Did they have any of the old Willett ryes?

I wandered through a bunch of stores on Saturday and saw a load of Willett products hitting the shelves but none of the old rye, so far. What they had was 3 or 4 yo stuff.

No at 200 bucks I stopped looking at it. They did have some buffalo trace experimental. Four roses limited edition 2012.