• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARGH ...... hitting the pavement

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
Okay, so I wasn't going to say anything about this but I need to do some networking. HP has decided to offer me a "new opportunity" .... someplace else :angry: .

So if anyone is in need of a Sr. PCB Layout Designer who is an expert in Cadence Allegro, send me a PM and let's talk.

How about a contest to boot ...... What does WFR stand for?

David

You have been WORK FORCE REDUCED!!

or as i like to call it Designated for Free Agency (DFA'd)

Sorry to hear this, David. :(

Best wishes to you in your search. I'm sure you'll land on your feet with a great opportunity. :)

Sorry to hear that. Just remember the old 'one door closes, another door opens' cliche. More often than not, it's true.

Feel for you David. Best of Luck in your seach. I have to think Cisco or Applied Materials could use you. Keep us updated.

-Lou

p.s.

if you end up at Cisco it will take you 30 days before you stop getting lost on their campus.

Hmmm... WFR... Nice. The term we use is "RIF" (Reduction in Force) - Part of "Change Management". I love all the touchy-feely acronyms in the corporate world!

I learned about "RIF" my first day on the new job. I initially had no idea what it stood for. Found out quickly it was not a nice thing... Thankfully it hasn't been me - although I've come to understand that's entirely possible. :angry:

Sorry to hear that David - wish I could help... :(

When you interview for your next position you can tell them that you left your last job because of a personality problem.

You had some and they didn't.

At least some scotch will be heading your way fairly soon to sooth your soul.

Sorry to hear that, David. Best of luck on your job search...take a little down time before the hunt. It'll be well worth it in the end.

Wilkey

I am very sorry to hear that David. I wish you the very best and will keep you and your in my thoughts and prayers.

Best Regards
Don

Sorry to hear the news. Make sure you enjoy some time off. I'm sure you'll be back to business in no time.

David,

I'm sorry to hear this. Best of luck with the hunt for a new job. Call me if you need anything.

Best,

Rob

David, sorry to hear the bad news. It looks like it is going around, me and some 400 others were canned today. I got it after 19 years.

Ken

Sorry to hear it, man. Many of us here are at best, moving targets. Any day the badge opens the door is a good day. Good luck - I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

Back