• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fruente Churchill

countikon

I think I had an Arturo Fuente Churchill tonight. It's my best guess as it was a gift. I had plans of letting it sit for a couple of weeks but I really wanted a cigar and it was there. I was sitting on my balcony of my apartment with a glass of Glenfiddich 12yo Special Reserve. Here's how it went.

Prelight: Cigar was constructed well. Very few veins in the wrapper. Had a nice color to it.

The Light: Lit up well. Tasted very earthy and leathery.

1st 1/3: Excellent. Still very leathery tasting. I am enjoying it very much. There is a bit of uneven burn but eventually works itself out.

2nd 1/3: Still going great. Good leather flavor. I think I have found my 2nd favorite smoke next to the Excalibur Maduro #1.

Last 1/3: Excellent. Good leather flavor. Starts getting a bit hot but not unpleasant. I love this cigar

Total Smoke Time: 1 hr. This shocked me because it was a smaller smoke that what I usually buy myself. Had a good ash all the way through. I would get about 1" of ash before being able to knock it off.

Overall impression: I revoke what I said about Arturo Fuente before. This cigar was great! I would definately buy this cigar. Thanks Rigo for this excellent smoke and allowing me to retract what I said about Fuente Cigars.

I personally find Fuente products very hit and miss... I've smoking some amazing ones and some brutal ones, and I'm talking from the same box. Personally I think they are producing far too much now and quality has suffered bigtime, especially on the regular production stuff.

Glad you enjoyed your Fuente experience. :)

Churchills are pretty big cigars IMO, I usually make a robusto last a good hour and churchills are longer than a robusto.

How fast do you smoke (puffs per min)?

I average about 1 puff a min.

Glad you liked this one, if I remember correctly you hated your first.

I personally find Fuente products very hit and miss... I've smoking some amazing ones and some brutal ones, and I'm talking from the same box. Personally I think they are producing far too much now and quality has suffered bigtime, especially on the regular production stuff.

I have to agree. I've become very frustrated with the Gran Reserva line (green band). I no longer buy them.

Doc.

I would take it a step further and suggest that mild cigars are very hit-and-miss. I think it's because they are more fragile(lighter, volatile oils) and there is more chance of them becoming compromised at some point between field and mouth. Just a thought. I noticed full-flavored cigars also survive extreme mailing conditions(dry, heat, extreme cold) better, too.

Back