• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Anejo No. 46

txraddoc

I fired up this beauty one quiet peaceful afternoon sitting out front with my dog. Wrapped in cedar, the pre-light aroma is sweetness with cedar mixed in. The wrapper is beautiful dark brown with some veins running through it. The construction of this cigar is superb and it feels heavy in my hand. The draw is bit on the loose side which is exactly how I like it. The draw firmed up just a bit after it was completely lit.

The flavor started out with a very nice sweetness and cedar. About half way through, a bit of earthiness joined the profile. The burn was razor sharp requiring no touch ups.

Despite the smaller ring gauge, the cigar never became harsh or burned hot.

I must say, this is one of the best cigars that I have ever smoked and I would highly recommend it.

anejo46-1.jpg

anejo46-2.jpg

anejo46-3.jpg

anejo46-4.jpg

Damn, that thing is DARK! :love:

Looks like it was a damn good smoke. I love Fuentes, but have yet to try an Anejo. Reading reviews like this only further increase my wish! :thumbs:

Excellent cigar and a great review. Thanks for the pics. :thumbs:

Great review Allen and I concur! I've been on an Anejo kick lately and can't keep my hands off of these in particular. Besides a Shark and a 55, I've smoked three 46's this week!

Great review Allen and I concur! I've been on an Anejo kick lately and can't keep my hands off of these in particular. Besides a Shark and a 55, I've smoked three 46's this week!

5 Anejo's this week! In my next life I want to come back as you DeVonn! :D

Show off! :laugh:

Nice review and great pics Allen! When they are right, Anejos are fantastic!.....:love: the 46s

Show off! :laugh:

Nice review and great pics Allen! When they are right, Anejos are fantastic!.....:love: the 46s

MYOB! :laugh:

5 Anejo's this week! In my next life I want to come back as you DeVonn! :D

That's funny Jay..... I wish I was you in this lifetime! ;)

When I had first had an Anejo 46, I had the cedar sleeve on it for all of its short life and really didn't enjoy it as much as I've read about them. However, the next time I removed all the cedar sleeves (a recent mold thread prompted me to shed cello and sleeve) before letting them nap a couple of months. This last time...........well, now I can see why they are so popular.
Not sure which variable helped the taste, the humidity,removing the cedar sleeve,age,time, or just the batch itself but I'm glad I gave it another try. :blush:

I smoked a 2007 46 last night and it was excellent. Hit my palate perfect both body and flavor (sucker was strong). I too have been smoking a good many more Anejo lately, but only 46, 49, and 50. Believe it or not, I don't care much for the 55's. Too mild. Sharks are okay as long as they have a few years down time. ;)

Looks like it was a damn good smoke. I love Fuentes, but have yet to try an Anejo. Reading reviews like this only further increase my wish! :thumbs:

What? Never had an Anejo you say? Tsk tsk tsk...that IS a shame. :whistling:

I smoked a 2007 46 last night and it was excellent. Hit my palate perfect both body and flavor (sucker was strong). I too have been smoking a good many more Anejo lately, but only 46, 49, and 50. Believe it or not, I don't care much for the 55's. Too mild. Sharks are okay as long as they have a few years down time. ;)

What? Never had an Anejo you say? Tsk tsk tsk...that IS a shame. :whistling:

I agree Greg that the 55's are mild for the lineup. I do keep a few on hand to satisfy my Anejo fix when I am looking for something with good flavor that doesn't knock my socks off like some of the others in the lineup tend to do. Now my 46's,50's, and 48's I guard with my life.