• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente OpusX

TonyDogs

Banned
All I hear from you old school guys is how great this cigar is.
I am a newbie only been smoking for over a year so I have yet to try one.

Ya know I looked at the prices on these stick and "holy smokes" , they are like $30 a stick. :0 That is heavy! It looks to me that you could get cigars form ISOM for less. :whistling:

I would like to hear an objective voice on these high end cigars.

Is it worth the money?
Another questions I have is there cigars that are just as good for alot less?

As always thanks for the input

Tonydogs ;)

$30 is way overpriced, unless the size is an "A"

Yep, you should be able to get most sizes for $10-15 per stick, except a couple of the really hard to get ones. Find a local store that sells them, and become a patron. If you get to know the owner, and actually give them business, he'll be more likely to actually let you know when they get them.

In most people's opinion they are quite good. Mostly they are unique. In the composition and construction. Which lends itself to being a great cigar.

The Opus that I get are $15.50 for a Fuente size and $21.50 for a Double Corona.

All cigars are different and tastes are different so it become a question of value to you. Some people could not see the value in an Opus at $10 and other are more than willing to pay more. You have to take into consideration if any other cigar can give you a similar experience, the rarity of said cigar and what the cost means to you to determain if it's worth it.

To me Opus are worth it but I would not over pay for them as you don't have to. Wait it out and you can find them at or a little above MSRP. Now... If it was really immpossible to get Opus and the ONLY way I could get one was to pay $30.00 for one I would still smoke them on occasion. I alwas compare the cost of a cigar to other things I spend money on if the "other thing" gives me as much enjoyment as a good cigar. I can tell you I spend more than $30.00 on things that i was displeased with.

I have never smoked an Opus with any age on it, but without age I think they are comparable to a Don Carlos(IMHO). Everyone says there better with age so the ones I purchased recently are tucked away.

Is any cigar worth any amount of money thats the question. To a non smoker its money wasted, to a collector and smoker of fine cigars I don't really know how much would be considered too much. Is there a such a thing?

Rich

Be lucky you can at least find them for under 30 bucks! Theres 1 shop i know of within a large radius of me that sells them for 35 bucks....ive been wanting to try one of these badly but i cant for the life of me shell out 35 bucks on one cigar! :(

For the price of two i can get a whole box of the padrons that i love so very much! :p

Haven't had the pleasure of smoking any Opus' yet. The closest shop to me has this horrible problem of wrecking everything they have in stock. It just blows me away how < bad > each and every stick I've bought from them was. Like smoking a bale of hay....and cheap hay at that.

I'll have to venture into downtown PDX to some of the bigger and more well known shops to score one (or five.... :D ). Last thing I want to do is lay down the cash only to be let down because the gar wasn't cared for properly.....

Regards - B.B.S.

Me too, haven't tried a real one, got burned on a fake though. I can't wait to try one.

Ironworker said:
I have never smoked an Opus with any age on it, but without age I think they are comparable to a Don Carlos(IMHO). Everyone says there better with age so the ones I purchased recently are tucked away.
[snapback]214125[/snapback]​

Strange, Opus don't taste anything like Don Carlos to me? :blush:

I don't particularly like Don Carlos at all; love 'dem Opus tho.

Lopaka said:
The Opus that I get are $15.50 for a Fuente size and $21.50 for a Double Corona.
[snapback]214122[/snapback]​

Wooo...talk about lighting a fire with a $20...

You guys are talking about spending $15 to $20, and even up to $30 on a cigar and it makes me remember my grandfather who died in 1956, when I was 10 years old...miss him a lot...he usta smoke La Palina Magnolias (Conress Cigar Company - Chicago & Philadelphia)...I doubt if they ever cost him more than 10¢ or 25¢ a cigar and I doubt if they were very good compared to what we have now...I still remember how I liked the smell of them and the picture of the woman on the cigar band...

Moki...I don't think these guys understand the value of Opus X. They are invaluable...what would you pay? It doesn't matter...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have to pay Cali priced because I can't afford a box...so to me they are worth it and I have run up a small amount of debt on my C-card due to my love for Opus X. But I'll always make more money!! :)

What if A-Fuente announced they would never make them again...the world as we know it wouldn't be the same. So on that thought...go out and spend the freakin' cash on one and determine for yourself if they are worth it!!! You only live once. :thumbs:

-Fetter

I've gotten one of these bad boys and have enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting a few more for my Humi!

Lopaka said:

Which Shop? Is it Tobacco Exchange at 63rd and May?

Well,
Thanks for the feedback.
As I can see there are many of us cigar smokers on here that have a problem spending $20+ a stick.

I am glad I am not alone
Tonydogs ;)

PSTAN said:
Lopaka said:

Which Shop? Is it Tobacco Exchange at 63rd and May?
[snapback]214315[/snapback]​

Yeup that's the one.

Man you really don't have to pay that much. Get to know your local cigar shop owners. I can think of a few shops by me were I can get them for near MSRP. $10-$15 for most sizes

If nothing else you could probably get some in a newbie sampler trade.

I don't particularly care for most of the stuff that AF makes, BUT the Opus X, Anjeo and DC Maximus are worth every penny IMHO :thumbs: :thumbs: As I write this, I am finishing a No. 49 that has lasted for almost 2 hours. There is just nothing to compare with the Anejos! The last couple of VSGs I had were a little bitter in the back of the mouth; so, they have fallen in my view. Maybe they need more age.

I would never pay 30 bucks for an Opus. My favorite sizes(Fuente Fuente,Petite Lancero) retail at 9.00 and 9.50.