• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

As Requested, the Grape White Owl Review

People remember bad things longer and more accurately then good things. You are now scarred for life but good review though. ;)

Great review...makes me want to go out and NOT buy these!!!

-Fetter

First... :laugh: Now, that schmidt is poison, don't ever do that again! :laugh:

I've spent less time reading reviews on great cigars...I can't believe I read the whole thing!! Funniest damn thing I've read in a while!! :laugh:

That abomination shouldn't even be called a cigar.

I remember reading in Cigar Magazine that the market for "premium handmade cigars" is actually much smaller than the store bought machine made ones. S think about it, I believe the number of premium handmade cigars sold is probably over, who knows, 30 million !! So to beat that ppl would have to smoke many a white owl or swisher sweet.

Um... how should I say it... I just smoked WOG! it was my first WO and i think the last one. Yes, I know, I'm brave. As its my first ever describing cigar smoking I'll base on cuppajack review.

My nose...
Yeah! My nose too. Opening WOG's tube was like opening giant jar of grape jam with looots of sugar. The smell was sooo sweet (not in a good way of 'sweet' word). Then... I licked it gently... (wrau..) it was like sugar+1grape+sugar. I dont know what they do with it, maybe the cover leaf is made of ground grape... and sugar? But its a good step for me, I started to think if flavored cigars are really good.

...texture of a brown paper bag...
Damn, it looks terrible. Cuppajack hit the point - its like brown paper bag :/

I “put foot to flame,”
My first puff wasn't acrid or even heat, it was rather very light and unfortunately tasteless.

The draw...
Yep, thats thru - it was very good. That firm made little hole was excelent to get as much smoke as I wanted to. But then, after few puffs I saw the ash, it was really scary. I just started to smoke and I thought I had to take the ashtray, because it looked like it was going to fall at any time. Besides, the ash was winding(?)* like its easy to see on cuppajack's pics. And then the very light and nice breeze came, and whole ash felt on my sweater... nice... :/

I’m about 1/2...
...and all the time it tastes the same - wishywashy(?)*
What I was feeling was some grape taste on my lips, and some indescribable taste of tabaco. Then I started to think if maybe I should end with it, but I thought about cuppajacks quest and didnt want to be worst. (lest tought ;) )
When I was about 3/4 I started to taste some taste, really, I'm not kidding. It was taste of cigarettes with flavored filter :p
It was all, I didn't want get more tired with this stick, so I decidet to put it out. There was nothing going to happend so what was the reason to smoke farther.

Who is the target demographic for these?
I had no problem with answering for that question. In poland you can buy those 'cigars' in almost every bigger kiosk. They are for time to time smokers who just buy some kind of available in the kiosk cigar. They have a 'cigar need' once a year, they go and they buy. Its clear.

Hope at least 1 person will read it :D

* ps. the words with (?) are taken from dictionary, so I'm not 100% sure they mean what they should ;)

Ok since this got bumped...

Entirely because of this thread I picked up an apple white owl a couple of weeks ago for playing a joke on a friend. A few of us were going out shark fishing on his birthday and I figured I would give him a nice stick. However, since all he knows about cigars is what we tell him/give him I figured first I should try to pass off the white owl as his birthday stick. It was great watching him feign excitement for a minute before I gave him an ancient warrior and RP vintage 1990

If someone sends me the tequilla flavored blunts, I will do the review. I will NOT, however, risk being seen BUYING them.

Maybe a panel should review these...

If someone sends me the tequilla flavored blunts, I will do the review. I will NOT, however, risk being seen BUYING them.

I would not wish it on anyone. I tried to smoke one but could not bring myself to put the flame to it. As Cuppajack noted, the sweetened tip produces this tongue-tingling, sticky, gluey sensation that is truly repulsive. Acids may be bad but these things are punishment, pure and simple.

Wilkey

I had, mercifully, just about forgotten about this "experience."

THANKS A LOT for reminding me!

:cool:

I would not wish it on anyone. I tried to smoke one but could not bring myself to put the flame to it. As Cuppajack noted, the sweetened tip produces this tongue-tingling, sticky, gluey sensation that is truly repulsive. Acids may be bad but these things are punishment, pure and simple.

Wilkey

I smoked a "Sauza" robusto one day just because I had to try it! Never again!

-Fetter

Great review.

When are you going to do the Pineapple Philly?

:D