• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton Cabinet Virgin Sun Grown

TonyDogs

Banned
I picked this stick up because I wanted to try a strong cigar. I got what I wanted.

Pre-light aroma= Thick smell like dark choclate :)

Construction= Perfect, just perfect :rolleyes:

Burn= Perfect no streaking at all, it also was a slow cool burn. :)

Flavor= Strong, full bodied, Rich, The flavor was like Dark mahogany wood. There was a touch of spice that was consistent through the entire stick. This smoke has a lot of nicotine in it. Which is cool, but I had to set it down and take a breather. I gave it about 20 minutes and then went back out to finish.

I liked this cigar, but I felt this is a once in a while cigar. I could see how one could get real use to smoking this kind of cigar everyday.

In my hunt for the stronger cigars so far this is at the top of the list.

Thats my take
Tonydogs ;)

The VSG is at the top of my NC list for sure. I just can't get enough of that unique flavor. I also love to just sit and smell the box of cigars. No cigar smells like that! :thumbs:

I'm mixed on the VSG. I find most of the vitolas very good, but I'd probably prefer a DCM given the choice. Except for the "Enchantment". THAT vitola is da bomb! The "cuban figurado" (I think) shape really makes the power come through. It's the kind of cigar you want to sit down and really focus on.

So, I agree that these are very good cigars, but I add that the plump little Enchantment goes beyond very good, and you might wanna give that one a try.

very good, but I'd probably prefer a DCM given the choice.

Damn straight! I enjoy the enchament over all the other sizes also. :thumbs:

Had my first one this last Saturday, it was kind of pricey, in the 11-13 dollar range. I must say it was awesome. I am looking to find an affordable box.

symyn said:
Had my first one this last Saturday, it was kind of pricey, in the 11-13 dollar range. I must say it was awesome. I am looking to find an affordable box.
[snapback]216574[/snapback]​

I agree I paid $14 for my stick.

I love the Spellbound. A big smoke but it has a great taste. They are pricey but what is not that is good.

I like the VSG line, but its a shame that they are so pricey. Just a tad more expensive than what they are worth, IMO.

I've had problems storing them also. They like to crack in my humidor, and I'm not sure why.

My favorite size is the Illusion. You guys spending more than 10 bucks on them need to find a better tobacconist. They are not that expensive, the Illusion is only 8 bucks. The most expensive, the Spellbound is only 12.

Do you know of any websites that sell vsg's at those prices? The cheapest one my local tobacco guy carries is $13.50

Pyre, www.regencycigar.com. Don't know if they are in stock at this moment but they are priced at MSRP.

The Master said:
My favorite size is the Illusion. You guys spending more than 10 bucks on them need to find a better tobacconist. They are not that expensive, the Illusion is only 8 bucks. The most expensive, the Spellbound is only 12.
[snapback]217489[/snapback]​

I agree...the Illusion is my fav size; I think the thinner ring guage really allows the wrapper to come through.