• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton ESG

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
I emailed Ashton yesterday about the release of the ESG cigars. Below is what they responded with....

"We apologize for not having ESGs for the holidays last year when we originally announced their release. The cigars were deemed not aged adequately by the Fuentes. The new release date is Spring 2006 as we announced in a national advertisement in Cigar Aficionado. As for the "Taste of Excellence" I am sure you will have a great time and the event will be a success however I would not be able to promise that there will be ESG available."

I just thought some of you may be interested in this. Enjoy!!!

Thanks for contacting them, I have been wondering when they would be available. Hopefully soon!

The Ashton rep. told my local guy to look for them at the end of May or first of June. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :thumbs:

My local B&M is having an Ashton event tonight; hopefully, I will get a chance to ask the rep myself and see if he can give any further details.

Wonder if they’ll live up to the hype…

For what it's worth, I've seen the cigars... but the packaging is not done.

I asked the folks at my b&m about them... They only knew the name, nothing about the cigars or when they would be released. I had tell about the cigar and,if we're lucky,they may be out in time for Father's day. Seemed like a complete role reversal to me. Unfortunately their ignorance makes me think they will not get any when they finally are released. :(

Nick

Spoke with two of the Ashton reps at the B&M last night and they informed me that they expect to get their shippments out to the B&M's with the best accounts around the end of April. There will only be one size per year, so that by the end of five years they will have what they hope to be a new line of sticks. Finally, they said that one of the only differences with the ESG is that the wrapper is grown on the same side of the farm as the OPUS X wrappers!!!

Spoke with two of the Ashton reps at the B&M last night and they informed me that they expect to get their shippments out to the B&M's with the best accounts around the end of April. There will only be one size per year, so that by the end of five years they will have what they hope to be a new line of sticks. Finally, they said that one of the only differences with the ESG is that the wrapper is grown on the same side of the farm as the OPUS X wrappers!!!

I will be shocked if you see them in April. As for the wrapper, it's a sungrown variant of the shade-grown Opus X wrapper... same wrapper, though a different priming, as the wrapper on these guys.

I spoke with Manny from Ashton about these Saturday and he said he expects the ESG's to start getting out in about a month. Don't expect your local to get more than one box. Moki's correct about the wrapper (as he usually is with Fuente products).

Edit to add they'll release one size a year for 5 years.

I spoke with Manny from Ashton about these Saturday and he said he expects the ESG's to start getting out in about a month. Don't expect your local to get more than one box. Moki's correct about the wrapper (as he usually is with Fuente products).

If they are out in a month, I will be shocked. Mark the day with this post!

It sounds like Manny is really at the mercy of Carlito and he'll get them when Carlito says they're ready. I wouldn't be surprised if it is longer than a month, but I'm going to start keeping my eye out for a few weeks just in case...

Does this mean that 2 sizes will be released this year or will it stay a year behind?

For what it's worth, I've seen the cigars... but the packaging is not done.

FYI, the new CA has an ad for the ESG, shows the band only (pretty band), has the announced date as "Spring 2006". I can scan and post the band pic if needed. (edit) - Scans below... apologies if the resolution isn't that great

ESGAd2.jpg

ESGBand2.jpg

Robert

If they are out in a month, I will be shocked. Mark the day with this post!

So... what do I win?!?!? :)

I agree with Moki also, I also don't think any cigar could live up to the hype these are getting. As for me the closest that I will get to one of these cigars in the next 4 years is in a picture, they are gonna be off the shelves before they even get on them...store owners will sell them to the "Elite". JMO not worth all the fighting for, they are gonna be good, no doubt, just not worth all of the effort and anticipation.