• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG - OR or regular release?

I sampled a Beli #1 Round then had the 2000 Sorcerer......way different in my opinion. The Round was very smooth, where the 2000 Sorcerer still had the in your face kick. The Sorcerer was a great smoke, bu no where near the Round.

I have about half a box of the mystique size left from the 05 holiday season. I like those in the winter for good flavor and still small for those of us that smoke outside. Ok for the estate reserve did they change from round also?

I sampled a Beli #1 Round then had the 2000 Sorcerer......way different in my opinion. The Round was very smooth, where the 2000 Sorcerer still had the in your face kick. The Sorcerer was a great smoke, bu no where near the Round.

Thanks to Brandon I was able to do the same and must concur. The Round was buttery smooth and so tasty I nubbed it which I rarely do these days. The seven year old Sorceror was also fantastic but spicier and nowhere near as smooth. Exhaling through the nose was acrid and harsh whereas the Round was mellow. Construction, volume of smoke and burn were perfection on both. I got quite the nicky high from the Sorceror but nary a buzz from the Round.

Thanks to Brandon I was able to do the same and must concur. The Round was buttery smooth and so tasty I nubbed it which I rarely do these days. The seven year old Sorceror was also fantastic but spicier and nowhere near as smooth. Exhaling through the nose was acrid and harsh whereas the Round was mellow. Construction, volume of smoke and burn were perfection on both. I got quite the nicky high from the Sorceror but nary a buzz from the Round.

That's interesting... I have never been able to do a side-by-side comparison like that.

I must say though, I actually enjoy the spice and in your face kick that the younger VSG have to offer...

The big question is, did the blend change, or is it just the extra age that gives the "Rounds" their taste? Folks @ Fuente that I spoke with insisted that the cigar was the same blend, just had a little more tobacco in it because it wasn't going to be box pressed.

I too taste quite a bit of difference between the two, however... and wonder if it can be age alone that accounts for it.