• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
For those who have not scene these cigars in your shops yet...hold on to your saliva glands!!!!

Ashton VSG Wizard #37...56 x 6. Big'un!!

The guy in the shop (Tinder Box, Crystal court, Costa Mesa, Ca) said this was the best VSG he's ever smoked. I know that he loves the VSG line so I took his word for it. Also explaining (I know he's correct on this) that the tobacco used was of greater age and quality than the other in the same line since it is a new release. Fuente likes to do that! So I took his recommendation and bought 2 at $15.99.

Cut this guy and it barely fit in my mouth!! (no comments! ;) )

Pre-light draw was perfect!

Lit very easily.

WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOW!!!!! :thumbs:

The first flavors that came rushing thought this were amazing...I know right from the start that I was in for a great 1.5 hours of enjoyment! I swear that this had all of the qualities of a perfectly aged VSG without the age...the tobacco was exceptional. The taste was that great heavy spice from the sun grown wrapper, but without the "Heavy". It was so smooth and complex and yummy!!!

The last half got a little hairy though...so much enjoyment I couldn't let myself put it down! I had to pee so bad but, I refused to go in the house, I found myself sitting in the backyard, twitching and shaking just to try to not pee my pants!! I didn't give in, concentrating on the last few puffs of enjoyment, laying the nub in the ashtray, I sprinted in the house just to make the bathroom in the nick-of-time!! :thumbs:

My only advice...buy them when you find them!

-Fetter

Uggg!!!! You're killin me bro! I'd give my left nut for one of these. Can't find them anywhere.

Great review, but since I can't find any I'd just assume you said they tasted like dirt, lol. You've made my pain worse :p

Happy for you though :thumbs:

Fun review!

My preference in the VSG line runs more toward the diminutive Tres Mystique but now I'm curious to try out one of these.

Wilkey

Uggg!!!! You're killin me bro! I'd give my left nut for one of these. Can't find them anywhere.

Great review, but since I can't find any I'd just assume you said they tasted like dirt, lol. You've made my pain worse :p

Should have told me before I sent your box on Friday.

Ashton VSG Wizard #37

What does the #37 mean?

Should have told me before I sent your box on Friday.

Ashton VSG Wizard #37

What does the #37 mean?

Nice review! I have one aging at home!!

As far as the #37...here's the info:

http://www.ashtoncigar.com/Ashton-VSG.htm

I just figured it was because they come 37 to a box...anything else to that? Didn't see much more info on the link.

I just figured it was because they come 37 to a box...anything else to that? Didn't see much more info on the link.

It's a bigger cigar than they have had out before...56 ring gauge! But they are packaged in 37 cigar count varnished boxed. And they are not squre pressed...they are round! Round I tell you!!! :sign:

-Fetter

Very enjoyable review! :laugh:

I always leaned more toward the Illusion myself. I just can't get into super fat cigars. The price is also cost prohibitive for me.

That being said the VSG is probably my favorite domestic (meaning non cuban)smoke on the market. :thumbs:

If anyone is looking for these, let me know and I'll check how much they are from the local shops here in Tucson. I know they just received some a couple of weeks ago.

If anyone is looking for these, let me know and I'll check how much they are from the local shops here in Tucson. I know they just received some a couple of weeks ago.

The shops in Tucson will be way better priced than here in Cali. If they are $15.99 each here...then they will be $8 in Az. Gotta' love that 3 cents per stick cigar tax in Az!! ;)

-Fetter

Not really into these, would take an Illusion over these. Just does not give the VSG flavor I like. Too big I think.

The shops in Tucson will be way better priced than here in Cali. If they are $15.99 each here...then they will be $8 in Az. Gotta' love that 3 cents per stick cigar tax in Az!! ;)

-Fetter

Lol. Im glad to hear that someone else is getting raped by Cali prices too!

-Fetter

Lol. Im glad to hear that someone else is getting raped by Cali prices too!

Live in Cali...play in Cali...die in Cali (broke). :cool:

I have some in the mail! I ordered them from Seriouscigar. Can't wait! :D

Good smoke these are... the mildest of the VSG line I've experienced so far. Worth the $$$ in my opinion (I paid $10.95 per stick). My favorite is still the Enchantment, though. Now if I could find some Spellbound locally...

Robert

i JUST SEEN THE SPELLBOUND, TORPEDO BTOH OF THEM THE SMALL ONE AND THE BIG ONE IN A LOCAL SHOP TODAY $15 FOR THE SPELLBOUND

My local B&M has the Enchantment and the Tres Mystique by the boatload. $11.75 and $9.50 respectively. I've loaded up!! :thumbs:

I can't wait to get my hands on a few myself...