• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Atlanta Ppl or anyone attending HIMSS 2010

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
Ok ppl I will be attending HIMSS conference in Atlanta next year. Need to know the lowdown on the dirty dirty.

-Smoking Laws
-Restaurants to try (prefer ones that allow cigar smoking if allowed)
-bars /music venues (i.e. jazz or blues )
-local microbreweries

Also if any brothers are attending the conference let me know so we can meet up for some drinks, dinner, and smokes.

By "restaurants, bars, music venues, microbreweries" Alex mean Titty Clubs. :whistling:

Sup Alex! Here's the deal, bro. The smoking law is that you can't smoke inside any restaurant/bar that allows children. Most with patios allow you to smoke outdoors at your table. Some restaurants stopped allowing kids so they could continue to allow their patrons to smoke, while others allow smoking after 10pm. Titty bars allow smoking in them. As for restaurants, the Vortex is very good. Nice beer selection, nice Scotch selection, and no kids allowed, so you can smoke til your heart's content. Great burgers too. Check out the Brick Store Pub in Decatur also. They have an absolutely ridiculous selection. According to beeradvocate.com, it's ranked the #2 beer bar in the world. For jazz or blues bars, there's the Apache Cafe, Sambuca(non-smoking), Blind Willie's, Churchill Grounds and the Northside Tavern. The big two microbreweries are Atlanta Brewing Co. and Sweetwater Brewing Co. Both are located in midtown Atlanta so they're not far from the Georgia World Congress Center.

While at the Brick Store Pub, you can take a trip over to Puff n Stuff and check out Al.

Here's a few cigar bars:
Highland Cigar Co. (No food, decent liquor selection, below average beer selection)
Buckhead Cigar Co. (Good food, good beer and liquor selection, no music, kinda small.)
Beluga Piano bar (Night club. Good time. No food. Good liquor selection, mediocre beer selection)
Chops Lobster Bar (This is one of the best steak houses in Atlanta, so the food is excellent. Excellent liquor selection, good beer selection)

Keep me posted on this so I can catch up with you.

Alex when are you going? I am slated to go in March. Maybe we can hook up. Definitely will try to hook up with Al and Mad Monk if he can work it out. I am also surely looking forward to meeting any and all CP from the metro Atlanta area.

Best,

Joe

Khari made some excellent suggestions.

I might also suggest Brewhouse Cafe (L5P) and Fox Brothers BBQ (South of L5P). If you have a chance to check out a few breakfast joints, albeit in Decatur, try Rise N Dine, Pastries A Go Go, or Sweet Melissa's (next to Brick Store in downtown Decatur). If you are already in downtown Decatur, you may also want to try eating at Watershed, Leon's, or Taqueria Del Sol. As for coffee, in Emory Village there is a branch of Octane Coffee with a large outdoor seating area that should be heated. They use the Chemex brewing method and currently serve Counter Culture Coffee. Octane's main location is near the Tech campus and they serve alcoholic drinks as well.

Al's shop isn't a bad trek but it isn't the closest joint in the world, either. If you are in the area, you may want to grab a bit to eat at Southern Seafood just down the street. Other than that, there isn't much good food in the immediate area.

-Mark

TTT This is a 10 days away Anyone going to be attending?

I will be arriving Sunday FEB 28th and Leaving Thurs MAR 4th. Drop me a PM for contact info!

Just wanted to thank Khari for meeting up with me for some Great cigars and some good drink and great conversation! Glad to hear everything is going well for you my friend! Let me know when you and the wife make it to Chicago!