• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ATTENTION ON DECK, BATTLE STATIONS

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
GENTLEMEN;
A COUPLE MINUTES AGO I DIRECTED MY BROWSER TO CIGAR SNOBS AND WAS ATTACKED BY A WORM. FORTUNATLY I'M WELL PROTECTED. BEWARE

DOC.

Running Mac here. No problems but I did notice the attempted assault.

Wilkey

And I thought they just didn't like me anymore! :(

Guess I'm not so special after all. :laugh:

It'll be interesting to findout who did it :angry:

So of course like an idiot I went straight over there and bang!

Now my information security group wants to know which site I was browsing.

:blush:

I experienced the same problem...

Yep, not sure what's going on by I'm working with the hosting site now to get it straight.

In the meantime, don't access Snobs!

Lee

I hope you find out who did this. Let me know if you need any help.

I just removed the first Trojan I had had in quite a few months after visiting the Snob. Coincidence? Maybe but unlikely. :angry:

Feds? ClubStogie?

It got me too! :angry:

I recently replaced my hard drive and never installed an anti-virus for whatever reason... luckily this incident spurred me to do so. After installation and a scan a Trojan horse was removed, I'm assuming it came from Snobs.

Nick

Lee,

I hope it gets put right soon. Do let us know when it's safe to come on back.

Wilkey

My apologies to everyone. I'm not sure how it happened but we're trying to resolve it with the hosting company.

Lee

I just removed the first Trojan I had had in quite a few months after visiting the Snob. Coincidence? Maybe but unlikely. :angry:

Feds? ClubStogie?

Ya know, as much as I despise the site owner of that place, I highly doubt he or anyone else from that board would do that.

Wilkey

Same here... Macs are great !!!

I did get this message, something I have never gotten before:

The page “Cigar Snobs Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board)” has content of MIME type “`text/x-scriptlet`”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.

Lee - I can tell you exactly what happened, and I'll fix it for you. See my PM.

Wilkey

Same here... Macs are great !!!

I did get this message, something I have never gotten before:

The page “Cigar Snobs Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board)” has content of MIME type “`text/x-scriptlet`”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.

Tommy,

Yup, that's the message I got as well. I know squat about viruses but I suspect the worm was looking for a particular piece of software to use in the infecting process.

A subsequent Virex scan showed no problems.

Wilkey