• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Avo 80 Limited Edition Cigar

Got mine from Andy the other day..... awesome looking smokes. Great packaging on Andy's part.

Thanks bro !!!

My experience with this, when I smoked it on Sunday - it was definitely medium to medium full body, but FULL strength (and I mean FULL strength). This one left me woozy, but was a great smoke. It did not have a harsh or nasty taste at all - very much a rich chocolate kind of flavor, with lots of smoke. The draw was just beautiful...

With some age, this baby will be AWESOME!!

My experience with this, when I smoked it on Sunday - it was definitely medium to medium full body, but FULL strength (and I mean FULL strength). This one left me woozy, but was a great smoke. It did not have a harsh or nasty taste at all - very much a rich chocolate kind of flavor, with lots of smoke. The draw was just beautiful...

With some age, this baby will be AWESOME!!

Your description is spot on George.

Personally I found the first 3/4 great and then it started to become too much, very rich for me. Perhaps some age on this baby will allow it to mellow somewhat.

Brian

We received this today, the actual product not the information:

AVO has also created 80 beautiful, limited edition, AVO 80th Anniversary humidors for the occasion. Inside you will find 80 cigars from four AVO limited edition cigar lines. There are 20 cigars each of the AVO 80th Anniversary, AVO LE5, AVO 22 and the AVO 75th Anniversary. Each humidor is numbered, signed by Avo, and comes with one of Avo's signature hand-made hats and an invitation for 2 to his party in the Dominican Republic. These gorgeous leather-covered humidors, filled with 80 very rare AVO cigars, retail at $2,000.00.

I will try to get a picture of it in the next couple of days, it is truly beautiful and will remain a set. I cant find a pic of it anywhere on the net.

If anyone wants to cut loose with $2,000 - my shop has it in... Along with an invite to Avo's 80th birthday bash, and one of his signature straw hats...

Has anyone been to one of AVO's 80th parties? I believe he has a few stops under his belt already. Just curious, he is in WI next week and I am very tempted to go. Just wondering if $60 is worth it. Scotch, steak, jazz, cigars.... that's hard to screw up I guess :thumbs:

Let me know your thoughts.

Jason

I've not been to one of the dinners, but I would say it is easily worth $60. Just to go see Avo and his band play is worth a lot. I say go for it...sounds to be a great time.

Also havent been to one of his dinners. But have met him in person and chatted with him when he wasnt tearing up the piano keyboard. Well worth that IMHO. :thumbs:

Has anyone been to one of AVO's 80th parties? I believe he has a few stops under his belt already. Just curious, he is in WI next week and I am very tempted to go. Just wondering if $60 is worth it. Scotch, steak, jazz, cigars.... that's hard to screw up I guess :thumbs:

Let me know your thoughts.

Jason

$60 is a steal for this event! I would have attended the Corona event in FL if I was around, and they were charging around $140, for essentially the same thing. Maybe it had a nicer dinner, but still, $60 is cheap considering you get fed, and a couple cigars and a private party.

I guess if you figure in $30 in sticks, dinner, scotch, and a band its not a bad deal.

And... I'll get to herf with a few CPers!! How can you put a price on that. I think I have a couple people from work talked into it also. One is a huge scotch guy, one loves stogies and scotch, the last guy just wants to know of AVO used to be the Tattoo, "de plane, de plane" guy from Fantasy Island :D

Just kidding. George, don't tell Avo I said that!!

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Cheers,

Jason

I should apologize for the thread jacking. I asked about the 80th dinner party when this started out about the actual cigar.

Jason

The AVO event here is $125 for dinner and cigars...

I just bought an AVO LE #22 today...any good? Looks great and can't wait to burn it, but going to hold off for a couple of weeks to let it rest to my RH standards.

-Fetter

The AVO event here is $125 for dinner and cigars...

I just bought an AVO LE #22 today...any good? Looks great and can't wait to burn it, but going to hold off for a couple of weeks to let it rest to my RH standards.

-Fetter

This is my thread and I'll jack it if I want! Where did you buy your 22? I was under the impression that sales of that cigar are tricky right now. Something to do with some of the stores getting bent out of shape about other stores either having priority on those, or getting alotted more than some.

I was at a store in FL that had about a dozen sitting on the shelf one day, then two days later the owner had to pull them and couldn't sell them because of some political crap. I didn't get the whole story, but I was bummed that I didn't buy em when I had the chance!

It's one of his limited edition cigars from the past few years. One of the more popular and still accessable ones is the LE-5.

You can check it out on his website I believe