• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AVO LE5....

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
My B$M owner has been bugging me to buy some of these. To shut him up I relented. He charged me 12.00 ea. which seems to be the going rate. Anyone have an opinion about them they'd like to share?

Doc

Yeah, they are gooooooda. Not worth $12 IMO (which is MSRP) but very good cigars. I've smoked one and need to pick up a few more. You won't be disappointed.

Great cigar, I've only had one (Thanks Gramps) but I remeber it being pretty tasty!

It's a very good cigar, it will get better with some age on them. Pricing is everything, so $12 is okay. In NYC they are charging $14.30 for one plus 8.25% sales tax. I also noticed that the wrappers aren't as dark as the ones I have at home. Worth a try IMHO.

edited for typo

I freakin' love these. IMHO, the best NC cigar released in 2005. Tons of flavor, plenty of body, fantastic construction. I do not think you will be disappointed. :thumbs:

These are his birthday cigars correct? Does he do a different blend every year?

Wurm said:
[snapback]259057[/snapback]​
All I know is they only come in one size, 5x52, and only 6000 bxs. released.

I really enjoyed the one I had but then again I'm a fan of AVO in general. At $12 a pop I won't make a habit of smoking them when there are plenty of other smokes I would rather have.

This is one of his birthday cigars. Avo does a birthday cigar every year since his ?? birthday. My favorite is the 22. It is a longer Perfecto, like a Fuente Signature.

I have smoked one 22. It was given to me by Avo himself, and was delicious :)

Devil Doc said:
Wurm said:
[snapback]259097[/snapback]​

Yes, it is essentially a birthday cigar. They had the Avo 22, then the Legacy (I think that was it), now the LE5. I talked to the Davidoff rep. a couple of weeks ago and the cigar did so well that they actually did a second batch. I think it was the same size as the first one (6,000 boxes).

cigardawg said:
Devil Doc said:
Wurm said:
[snapback]259097[/snapback]​

Yes, it is essentially a birthday cigar. They had the Avo 22, then the Legacy (I think that was it), now the LE5. I talked to the Davidoff rep. a couple of weeks ago and the cigar did so well that they actually did a second batch. I think it was the same size as the first one (6,000 boxes).
[snapback]259132[/snapback]​
That explains the difference in the wrapper on the new ones, sounds like a whole different cigar.

Wrappers are lighter in some boxes, but just as dark in others. Good news is, though...the taste is consistently good. :thumbs:

OpusXKC said:
This is one of his birthday cigars. Avo does a birthday cigar every year since his ?? birthday. My favorite is the 22. It is a longer Perfecto, like a Fuente Signature.

I have smoked one 22. It was given to me by Avo himself, and was delicious :)
[snapback]259130[/snapback]​

Yeah..He started when he hit 75 years old. This is his 5th one aka LE-5. I did listen to what Avo said. I guess someone dropped the ball when da man spoke. :whistling:

I thought it was a good, consistent cigar. But, not good enough to justify $12 each - there are too many other good cigars out there for that much and less.

Agreed with the majority. They are also $12 here, but limited supply.