• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back from Cuba!...Pictures updated.

I tried to purchase them, but alas, my Canadian Credit card wouldn't work in Cuba. Of course I didn't think to bring a pile of money with me to Havana thinking that it would be safer in the safe at the hotel and that my credit card would work. Oh well.

Interesting. ???
Are you sure that your "Canadian" credit card is not actually on an American bank-like Citibank- or one of the many Mastercards (the majority) that are actually linked to a US clearing centre?
Many of us who visit regularly have few problems with credit cards drawn on Canadian banks, although it's also a good idea to let your CC company know if you are visiting outside the country and it's not a regular thing with you.

Sounds like you had a tremendous trip! Lots of great cigars and rum no doubt.
If you can put up with convenience instead of luxury, you may want to stay closer to "the action" (ie. the Casa del Habano) next time, to avoid the cab fare from the far end of the island. :D

Commander Bob
Planning my third trip this year.

Haha, I'll gladly pay 20 dollars per round trip and stay at the same place again.

I guessed at the time that my Mastercard was drawn from a US bank. It is a local Credit Union Mastercard, but maybe next time I will try my Visa.

cuba037.jpg

cuba038.jpg

cuba039.jpg

cuba040.jpg

cuba041.jpg

Thanks for the mini tour Andrew, enjoyed the read.

Ok, so how much for a pic...geeez :sign: :laugh:

Brian

Thanks for the mini tour Andrew, enjoyed the read.

Ok, so how much for a pic...geeez :sign: :laugh:

Brian

:laugh:

Early next week I am hoping if I don't get it done tonight. I am heading out for a job tomorrow morning that could be 1 to who knows how many days. :(

Sounds like a fun trip. I had no problem with my Canadian credit card at LCDH, i would contact the bank for sure. maybe if was a new card, and they blocked international purchases. mine is so worn i can barely read the numbers ???

Sounds like a fun trip. I had no problem with my Canadian credit card at LCDH, i would contact the bank for sure. maybe if was a new card, and they blocked international purchases. mine is so worn i can barely read the numbers ???

I am guessing it has to do with it being somehow tied to a US bank. 2 weeks before Cuba I used it on a roadtrip to Vegas and I think it was used in every State between Alberta and Nevada both ways. :laugh:

I guess next time I will look into a different credit card. What type or what bank issued yours if you don't mind me asking?

Was there a large selection available at LCDH?

There was. Pretty much every vitola of every brand from what I could tell. They had all of the current ELs as well as a Cohiba Seleccion Reserva box.

No Bolivar Gold Medals though...that was about all I saw that wasn't there.

The selection at the La Corona cigar factory store wasn't nearly as good sadly.

When I asked about aged stock, the worker there didn't understand me, so I am not sure about that.

There are no pictures, are there? :D

Just kidding man, I know all too well how hectic a schedule can become. Hope to see them soon. :thumbs:

Well, after giving my first Cohiba Maduro 5 a try, I worked up the energy to post the pictures. This weekend is my first days off since June 13.

They are in no specific order.

IMGP0088.jpg

IMGP0089.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

IMGP0091.jpg

Havana Club at one of the swim up bars.

IMGP0092.jpg

More HC

IMGP0093.jpg

One of the pools...it sure was quiet most of the time due to it being the off season.

IMGP0143.jpg

IMGP0144.jpg

IMGP0027.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

Pictures are inserted in my posts in this thread. Damn maximum of 10 pictures per post.

Thanks man, those are great. It looks like you guys had the place to yourselves. What was the temp in the "offseason"? And just out of curiosity, what sort of fun was being poked at us Americans by your bus driver? I'm always curious as to other country's perception of us and I'm pretty unfamiliar with Cuban people and their world views.

Thanks man, those are great. It looks like you guys had the place to yourselves. What was the temp in the "offseason"? And just out of curiosity, what sort of fun was being poked at us Americans by your bus driver? I'm always curious as to other country's perception of us and I'm pretty unfamiliar with Cuban people and their world views.

It was 85-100 I think during the day. Thunderstorms during some of the evenings. It only rained once during the day for about an hour or so.

He said something about eating Americans...that being why none of them would admit to being American. It was funny at the time.

Wow, Drew. That place looks beautiful. Off-season? Seems like a nice time to be there. Too hot?

Wilkey

Wow, Drew. That place looks beautiful. Off-season? Seems like a nice time to be there. Too hot?

Wilkey

I actually found Houston to be much more unbearable the week after. I think the time we spent in the water really helped that. I wouldn't hesitate to go again during the same time period. The great A/C in the room didn't help either.

The funny thing was there was no alarm clock in the room. Our only way of knowing the time was to check the Spanish CNN channel and most of the time it would display the time a few time zones away.

The funny thing was there was no alarm clock in the room. Our only way of knowing the time was to check the Spanish CNN channel and most of the time it would display the time a few time zones away.
Cool. That's one of those peculiar little anachronisms that make Cuba fascinating to me. Granted, this is only one face of Cuba.

Wilkey