• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bacon Explosion!

Although I'm relatively sure that bad boy would shorten my lifespan by about 5 years - I will definitely be feasting on one of those in the not so distant future!

Edit to add: I wonder if you could pull off that recipe with Andouille....

The Bradley Smoker has its own forum with tons of receipes. Google bradley smoker and find your way to their forums. You will be pleased. Plenty of ways to make a fatty.

FWIW, I made one last night with chorizo & regular pork sausage. It turned out great. We sliced it and served it on a french loaf with pineapple spread. The sweet went perfect with the savory & spice.

I'm making 2 more tonight's party for finger sandwiches.

Woops forgot, we made one on Saturday with hot Ital. I used a rub usually reserved for ribs and a spicy bbq sauce and it came out great. In retrospect I feel like I probably brought myself much closer to death but it was still delicious

Woops forgot, we made one on Saturday with hot Ital. I used a rub usually reserved for ribs and a spicy bbq sauce and it came out great. In retrospect I feel like I probably brought myself much closer to death but it was still delicious
Sweet!

Did your's turn out less greasy & oily than you thought it would? Mine did. I was surprised.

Yeah I think the smoking process really helps with that. Clearly a LOT of the grease dripped out while it was smoking and the consistency was much less 'flimsy' and oily than I expected it would turn out (based on the way the log was before going in the smoker.

Wow, I am going to have to try one of these. Unfortunately since I live in an apt I don't have a smoker, but my uncle only lives 2 minutes from me. I will just go over there and borrow his Bradley, but I am going to have to make one of these.
B

yeah.I didn't forget about the pix. Had a couple of small fires around the house since New years that had to be put out. As soon as I can get the camera down to the 'puter I'll post the one picture I was able to snap that night.

where the HELL are the photos?!?!?!?!?

And me... I'm using Hot Italian Moose sausage and pepper bacon... *I'LL* post pics when I get it done :whistling:

if you don't want the sausage, substitute cheese. lots of it. i used half a bag of shredded cheese. weave your bacon, season if you so wish, throw it in the oven for 20 minutes at 400. take it out. drain. add cheese. roll. back in the oven for 2 minutes (to melt the cheese). remove. let sit a little to harden. eat it with a knife and a fork.

eta: pics

bacon-and-cheese-roll.jpg

OMG! That is just plain wrong! Hummm, a cast iron skillet of Dutch Babies next to that for brecky.....yeah! My pregnant wife says yummy!

Back