• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bad neighbor.

Have you talked to the guy? I know it seems like it might not do any good, and there is a good chance it wont, but thats where I would start.

When you do sit down and have a "talk" with this little puke, make sure you're cleaning your glock or sig or other sidearm of choice. It's a little easier to get your point across.

Hey, it worked wonders when I had a talk with my daughters last would-be boyfriend about his intentions.

Yep......and gently state that if the shit doesn't stop you don't mind going back to prison!

A little over a year ago this punk moved in down the road. He drives his car too fast. He is constantly tailgating me. He will pull up real close, back way off and then speed up to my bumper again. On more than one occasion he has nearly hit me head on. Also around the time he moved in all of the street signs in our neighborhood were stolen. They have been replaced probably 5 times and they are all missing again. I wish there was something I could do to encourgae this jerk to move off and bother some other community. I also wish that I could catch him stealing my road sign. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this guy other than beating the snot out of him and surrounding my road sign with bear traps? :whistling:

How a bout a fence charger and some underground wire hooked to the sign......that'll teach him.

A little over a year ago this punk moved in down the road. He drives his car too fast. He is constantly tailgating me. He will pull up real close, back way off and then speed up to my bumper again. On more than one occasion he has nearly hit me head on. Also around the time he moved in all of the street signs in our neighborhood were stolen. They have been replaced probably 5 times and they are all missing again. I wish there was something I could do to encourgae this jerk to move off and bother some other community. I also wish that I could catch him stealing my road sign. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this guy other than beating the snot out of him and surrounding my road sign with bear traps? :whistling:

How a bout a fence charger and some underground wire hooked to the sign......that'll teach him.

x2

x3

You all must have missed that CSI Miami where a girls brother tried to do something like that to his sisters BF, to keep him from sneaking in through the window. Yeah, murder + jail.. No good.

So what's the matter with beating the snot outta him? Wear gloves and carry a roll of nickels or whatever fits your hand.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this guy other than beating the snot out of him and surrounding my road sign with bear traps? :whistling:

So what's the matter with beating the snot outta him? Wear gloves and carry a roll of nickels or whatever fits your hand.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this guy other than beating the snot out of him and surrounding my road sign with bear traps? :whistling:
I have to agree with AVB on this. Just knock on the door late one night,when he answers"lights out"!!! :whistling:

I personally like the big phone book method. It leaves less marks so I've been told :whistling:

Too many legal problems with beating the crap out of him. I like the trail camera idea to identify who's stealing your signs. You can also request a police patrol of the area. That's how we got the drug dealers out of the house across the way.

I appreciate all of the suggestions. I like the idea of a trail cam, except he would probably see it flash and end up stealing it too.

Have you talked to the guy? I know it seems like it might not do any good, and there is a good chance it wont, but thats where I would start.
Wouldn't recommend this, gives him a target to retaliate on if anything were to happen due to his shenanigans.

Wouldn't recommend this either, good way to break your knuckles.

Report it to your local PD, let them know that you feel like he's endangering the neighborhood with his driving and that he's definitely been stealing city/county property. Urge your neighbors to do the same and more than likely they'll take care of it. If he does it during week nights, try to call it in on a Tuesday or Thursday night, those shifts are normally the quietest.

When you know he's going out of town put an ad in the paper: "Backfill needed. Need not be clean. Just dump it the driveway any afternoon this week." Followed by the address. ;)

Get someone else to do the dirty work!

I appreciate all of the suggestions. I like the idea of a trail cam, except he would probably see it flash and end up stealing it too.

If he stole the camera that would make it even better. In addition to recording on the camera, have it record to a hidden digital hard drive (I'm sure someone here knows how.) That way you catch him stealing the signs, and breaking into your car and stealing something out of it.

I like the one idea about shots fired, but switch it with "Loud noises"
Where I used to live cops all the time would walk into apartments for noise violations and find paraphernalia and kick out said bad neighbor.

I have a neighbor just like yours. Just only this kid leaves all his booze on my yard, eggs my car, etc. Its okay as he lives with his dad so I told his dad whats going on (His dad is pretty strict.)

Call the local authorites and request a special patrol of your area...Explain to them what is going on. If you observe the guy doing some illegal driving call the locals and demand a report. The next day follow up with an investigator and sign a warrant or a criminal summons to get the guy into court.

I've seen civilians sign warrants for reckless driving in their area and win their case. If you get the guy on film stealing signs or driving recklessly the locals would love it.

And now from the auto-technical department- if this guy ever sleeps, go over to his vehicle with a small assortment of wrenches... remove the nut on the outside tie-rod end at the spindle, but don't break the taper joint on the tie-rod end. If this guy drives as erratic as he does, on a good bump the end will let go and send the guy out of control. Do the right side, then it will probably go wide out with the wheel and take him to the outside of the road maybe off one of those rural bluffs careening hundreds of feet below.
O.K. this might be a bit extreme... effective but extreme.... Sounds like this guy will get his eventually. A good idea would be to get his landlords phone number and get all the neighbors to start calling him at any hour of the day or night complaining about him. With enough rallying and complaining, the landlord will eventually get tired of calls and evict him, getting him out of your hood...

Back