• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Balvenie 15 yo Single Barrel

You'd probably like Aberfeldy 12 and Old Pulteney 12. Both are good Speysides and both are available in the US. I'.ve reviewed them if you care to look.

Had some of this as an after dinner treat last night celebrating my birthday/Valentines. It was the first Scotch I've had in ~3 years but I think it got me back on the Scotch wagon. Any suggestions of something similar I might enjoy Ray?

Thanks, I'll check em out. :thumbs:

Tried some of this just now... I'm fairly new to whiskey, but I must say this Balvenie is very tasty and very smooth... dangerously smooth. I can see myself going through an entire 750 ml bottle easily if I didn't pace myself.

I had an Oliva Event tonight and my customer brought in a couple different scotches to pair with the cigars. We had the Balvenie 15 and 17, Mcallen 12, Glenrothers (sp?), and a couple others. The Balvenie 15 was definitely a great scotch. The 17 had a little more smoky flavor which was still very good. The Glenrothers reminded me a lot of a bourbon. The 15 was my favorite over all. I will pick up a bottle when I get back into town to take with me on vacation in two weeks.

Sales meetings this week which means the evenings following the meetings are usually spent with drinks in hand. I got to sample this at a restaurant and it was the best scotch I've had to date. I've become a bourbon man lately but this is the first scotch I've had that had the richness and fullness that I have come to enjoy in bourbons. Now if this could also come with the bourbon price tag, we would have a hands down winner.

Great review! Glad to see some info on the 15 year. I'm a huge fan of the 12 year Doublewood, and just recently tried the 14 year Carribean Cask. Balvenie is my favorite single malt by far. Now if I could find a place to score a bottle of the 21 year for $70...that would be heaven! :)

Look at the date of that review. I got my last from ebay for $115 delivered.

Bought a bottle of this to enjoy through the Summer and have been very pleased with it.  I enjoyed your review and concur that it is fantastic.  Thanks Ray.