• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bands left off

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
Just curious how many of you have received shipments with the bands off?.
I am dealing with a company who ships with bands off and in a separate cedar box.

I have it on good authority the vendor is quality however I have never received a shipment like this before and it makes me uneasy.

Any thoughts?

Oh and the bands do come but in a separate envelope shipped 2 days after the package is shipped.

Thanks for any back up on this.

for vendor details please Pm me.

Rich

most vendors give you the choice. i always have mine shipped on. just a personal preferance i guess.

??? Yea I prefer mine too but in this case it seems I have no choice

Can't smoke the band...doesn't make a difference to me.

If it's who i think it is. You should have no worries.
You can always redress your cigars later..LOL!!

alexgtp said:
If it's who i think it is. You should have no worries.
You can always redress your cigars later..LOL!!
[snapback]268654[/snapback]​

Another alternative is to get some blank bands and just add your own band with name vitola and boxdate.

Since your vendor sent it in another box, you would have to make sure that you got that information (boxdate) prior to shipment.

I searched for you and came up with this thread:

Blank Bands

I don't know if they are still avaliable or not...but it's a start.

I've received unbanded sticks before and it does give me a bit of pause.....three words - Know Your Source.

Viper @ Heartfelt has some great blank bands I can recommend if the other offer is gone. Been using them for a year or so and they are great.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/Accessories.htm

"These blank cigar bands ar made out of FDA approved (for hospitals and food) heavy weight paper. They are 3/4" wide by 3 1/4" long. They have a two part self adhesive that does not stick to anything other than the other half of the adhesive. The adhesive is on opposite sides so when you wrap the band around your cigar the adhesive comes in contact with each other"

FWIW - B.B.S.

Send me one of the sticks and I will test it for you and let you know if the vendor is any good. :laugh:

I have been using a vendor who ships un banded for over 6 years, his cigars are excellent. I also use other vendors who ship intact, and do so only if their prices are competitive to my unbanded vendor.